Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2276745 times)

Offline dw230

Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1395 on: July 07, 2010, 09:22:27 PM »
Gwen,

Stop by the White Goose Bar for some refreshment. Ask any one around they will be able to point you in our direction.

Dan
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #1396 on: July 11, 2010, 07:16:18 PM »
Hello,

I'm building a Cadillac flathead, that I hope to run on the salt. That's about it!
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline SaltShaker54

• New folks
« Reply #1397 on: July 11, 2010, 10:52:00 PM »
Hello Landracing

I am new to this wonderful LSR site I am from South Lake Tahoe Ca. looking into building a 54 Stude for the 200mph club. I am looking through the threads any build ideas and what are the rules for the 200mph club? can you direct me to the right info threads
"Salt Shaker 54"

The Studebaker Over The Hill Gang

Project Blown Fuel Altered Coupe 54 Stude

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #1398 on: July 11, 2010, 11:30:10 PM »
Hello Landracing

I am new to this wonderful LSR site I am from South Lake Tahoe Ca. looking into building a 54 Stude for the 200mph club. I am looking through the threads any build ideas and what are the rules for the 200mph club? can you direct me to the right info threads

in order to get in the two club you have to break a record and go over 200 and or be above the club minimum. :-D

Offline RichFox

« Reply #1399 on: July 11, 2010, 11:49:20 PM »
I believe the two club has a web site that is linkled to this site or to the SCTA site which is linked to this site. On the 2 club site I believe you will find all the info you want

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #1400 on: July 12, 2010, 12:06:15 AM »
Hello Landracing

Hey One Run Bob tell him how easy it is... Going 200 on the salt is not easy, going faster than the existing class record is a bit harder, doing it 2 times in a row often seems impossible.  Good luck with your quest... I'd volunteer to hold your wallet, but the doc has me on a 30 lb limit.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline SaltShaker54

• New folks
« Reply #1401 on: July 12, 2010, 03:01:46 AM »
Hello Landracing

in order to get in the two club you have to break a record and go over 200 and or be above the club minimum. :-D

Thank you  :-)

I do appreciate any input we plan on going well over the record
"Salt Shaker 54"

Offline SaltShaker54

• New folks
« Reply #1402 on: July 12, 2010, 03:03:38 AM »
I believe the two club has a web site that is linkled to this site or to the SCTA site which is linked to this site. On the 2 club site I believe you will find all the info you want

Rich

Thank you for your help
"Salt Shaker 54"

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #1403 on: July 12, 2010, 03:06:32 AM »
What class, and what is the record?

Offline dw230

« Reply #1404 on: July 12, 2010, 12:12:57 PM »
My question too. If you don't know the requirements how do you know how fast you have to go?

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline SaltShaker54

• New folks
« Reply #1405 on: July 12, 2010, 01:09:27 PM »
My question too. If you don't know the requirements how do you know how fast you have to go?

DW

Our project

Blown Vintage Fuel Competition Coupe /BVFCC I have a few old LSR guys helping going through the scta rules. Once we figure out the combo to fit the class rules well be ok   
"Salt Shaker 54"

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #1406 on: July 12, 2010, 01:25:15 PM »

DW

Our project

Blown Vintage Fuel Competition Coupe /BVFCC I have a few old LSR guys helping going through the scta rules. Once we figure out the combo to fit the class rules well be ok 

Salt Shaker

Project 54 Stude 200mph club 

Yeah that should be easy to get, the fastest record is Fogi at 209.985...easy peasy.. :wink:

Who is going to drive it..?

When will it be ready to run?

Been to B-ville before during speedweek?  It's awesome to look at all of the various types of vehicles all striving to accomplish the same common goals..go as fast as they can..be safe while doing it and have a lot of fun and return with lasting memories.. :cheers:

Good luck and start a build diary and post it on the site so we can follow and those with insights to help you go faster and safer can put the knowledge base to work for you..  :-)

Do you have a drawing of the project yet?

John

Offline SaltShaker54

• New folks
« Reply #1407 on: July 12, 2010, 01:42:57 PM »

DW

Our project

Salt Shaker

Project 54 Stude 200mph club 

Yeah that should be easy to get, the fastest record is Fogi at 209.985...easy peasy.. :wink:

Who is going to drive it..?

When will it be ready to run?

Been to B-ville before during speedweek?  It's awesome to look at all of the various types of vehicles all striving to accomplish the same common goals..go as fast as they can..be safe while doing it and have a lot of fun and return with lasting memories.. :cheers:

Good luck and start a build diary and post it on the site so we can follow and those with insights to help you go faster and safer can put the knowledge base to work for you..  :-)

Do you have a drawing of the project yet?

John

Thanks John  :-)

I will be driving it a build diary would be neat to start we where thinking of having a drawing made up or a photo gallery of build. I have been to speedweek and world of speed at Bonneville its amazing the cars and familys and racers. I herd the salt is getting thin has it built up any over the last two years?
"Salt Shaker 54"

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #1408 on: July 12, 2010, 01:48:24 PM »
The salt is getting mined and is a business for Intrepid (the company doing it) and yes the salt is getting then...better build it quickly... :cheers:

Offline SaltShaker54

• New folks
« Reply #1409 on: July 13, 2010, 08:44:02 PM »
The salt is getting mined and is a business for Intrepid (the company doing it) and yes the salt is getting then...better build it quickly... :cheers:

John

Thanks for the update on the salt we had a meeting here at the shop and we changed plans. We are building for the the Blown Fuel Altered Coupe B/BFALT class. I will have to sell the wife  :evil: The goal is going faster than 308.517 with my team of old salt pros we should be in the game. What class do you run in? and your record?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 10:51:48 PM by SaltShaker54 »
"Salt Shaker 54"