Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2276618 times)

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1380 on: June 22, 2010, 02:13:59 PM »

I have a BS in Automotive Technology ......Thanks,
Chris Rose

Shit Chris, we all have a automotive BS degree....  :-D
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline injected65

• New folks
« Reply #1381 on: June 22, 2010, 03:38:52 PM »
LOL...... true,true

Offline dshuken

• New folks
    • Shuken Racing Fabrication
« Reply #1382 on: June 22, 2010, 05:04:24 PM »
My name is Daniel Shuken, I live in Fresno CA.  My first trip to the Salt was in 1995 when I was 13 years old.  When I was 16, I got my D license in Gregg Carlson's C/GR.  In 2008, I opened Shuken Racing Fabricaton.  Later that year, I completed Marsh Runyon's XO/STR.  At Speedweek 2009, with help from a lot of friends, we set the XO/STR record at 153.688.  I am currently working on a belly tank lakester which will run in V4F/GL.  See you at the Salt
Daniel

« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 05:31:30 PM by dshuken »

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #1383 on: June 22, 2010, 06:09:42 PM »
Danial, welcome to the forum and our great world of LSR. Being one of the old timers I have seen much over the years. Knowing that a lot of young people are starting out in LSR is a good feeling that you and others will continue with the sport for many more years to come. Good luck with your belly tank built and success with your ride down the salt that you have made with your own hands. Looking forward to timing you.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Stuart Radnofsky

• New folks
« Reply #1384 on: June 23, 2010, 02:52:08 AM »
Hello all

I'm Stuart Radnofsky - originally from Houston, TX but living in the UK for the past 25 years, mostly working on the marketing and promotional management side of endurance sportscar racing (Le Mans 24 Hours, etc). I have been an LSR fan since 1965 at age 10 when I got a worn (OK it was almost new) paperback copy of the Mickey Thompson bio co-written w/ Griffith Borgeson.

I spent quite a while working with the late Steve Fossett on the sponsorship, PR and media side of all of his varied projects from 1993 - 2007, including, of course, on the ex-Breedlove SOA Sonic Arrow / Fossett ALSR and have had the pleasure of meeting and working with folks like Eric Ahlstrom, Landspeed Louise, John Ackroyd and Rosco McGlashan. In fact, I now have the enviable task from Mrs Fossett to find a good new home for this stored, but very nearly ready to run (and still very cool) 'Target 800 mph' project.

I've been lurking about the forum off and on for a while and thought I now ought to join in on occasional issues where I might have something to offer.

Hope to see you on a desert floor somewhere, sometime!

Offline wickedwagens

« Reply #1385 on: June 23, 2010, 03:04:34 PM »
Hello, My name is Mark and I am 24 yrs old.  I live in Carson City, NV.  I had my first trip to the salt in 2008 and was instantly hooked.  I have been a drag racer, but now have changed directions.  I have been mostly into VW's for the past 10 yrs, but love anything with wheels.  I am working on a 37' ford with my father in-law and a 28' Ford with my father that we have rebuilt from the ground up.  I was planning to run my 68' Karmann Ghia (2276cc EFI Turbocharged) in the 130 Club this year as a way to get on the salt and and get a feel for it, but unfortunately earlier this month I had a brain hemorrhage, which turned out to be an AVM.  I am currently waiting surgery in San Francisco scheduled for the end of the month.  As of now I am going to cancel the 130 club plan and possibly start planning another build of either another Karmann Ghia or a Honda CRX with a 1500cc engine for one of the H/categories.  Thanks for giving me something to read when I am in and out of the hospital.  I should be back to the garage in no time.
1968 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia
G/CFALT  106.643 MPH  8/2016    G/CGALT  113.131 MPH  9/2016
G/CBGALT  169.462  MPH  8/2021    G/CBFALT  146.715  MPH  8/2017
G/CBGC  158.242  MPH  9/2017   H/CBGC  94.334 MPH  8/2018
H/CPRO  93.383 MPH  8/2018   H/CBFALT  101.282 MPH 9/2018
H/CBGALT  120.591 MPH 9/2018
Top Speed 170.726 MPH
36hp VW 100 mph club 9/2019 102.319 MPH

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #1386 on: June 23, 2010, 03:13:45 PM »
Hi, Mark.  Dang -- well, the Salt Flats will wait for you to be all better - and so will we.  We'll keep making posts and saying goofy stuff - to keep you entertained during your recovery, and when you finally do show up at Bonneville -- we'll welcome you in person all over again.

Best wishes for a good recovery.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1387 on: June 24, 2010, 12:58:43 AM »
WELCOME guys to our commom sick addiction  :-D
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline aitch

• New folks
« Reply #1388 on: July 04, 2010, 06:46:53 AM »
Hi All my name is Aitch
im in the UK and racng over standing miles with the UK Land Speed Racing Association
aiming for 200mph on stock engine gen1 2005 hayabusa
work as a ventillation engineer and have a small business making bike exhausts

im here to see how things work over the pond and hpefully gleem some information to help me go faster

thanks Aitch :cheers:

Offline theazoldcrow

• Yup!
« Reply #1389 on: July 04, 2010, 11:22:38 AM »
 :cheers: Welcome Aitch, from Mammoth, Arizona.  You've just entered into the Salt zone!       Crow.
The Earth, is an intergalactic insane asylum.!

Offline DavidinDurango

« Reply #1390 on: July 04, 2010, 05:16:49 PM »
Dang, rotten luck.

X2 on what slim posted.  Hope you can get out to WOS.

130 is harder than most people think (that's what she said) - lots of great folks out there, stop by and say hi!

Hello, My name is Mark and I am 24 yrs old.  I live in Carson City, NV.  I had my first trip to the salt in 2008 and was instantly hooked.  I have been a drag racer, but now have changed directions.  I have been mostly into VW's for the past 10 yrs, but love anything with wheels.  I am working on a 37' ford with my father in-law and a 28' Ford with my father that we have rebuilt from the ground up.  I was planning to run my 68' Karmann Ghia (2276cc EFI Turbocharged) in the 130 Club this year as a way to get on the salt and and get a feel for it, but unfortunately earlier this month I had a brain hemorrhage, which turned out to be an AVM.  I am currently waiting surgery in San Francisco scheduled for the end of the month.  As of now I am going to cancel the 130 club plan and possibly start planning another build of either another Karmann Ghia or a Honda CRX with a 1500cc engine for one of the H/categories.  Thanks for giving me something to read when I am in and out of the hospital.  I should be back to the garage in no time.
DavidinDurango
Mostly Fords with "some stuff"
LSR, because it takes more than one ball to play.

Offline MC 1314

« Reply #1391 on: July 06, 2010, 07:41:39 PM »
Hi  My name is Bob McAndrew and I am from Georgetown, SC. I have been riding bikes for about 44 years, mostly to go somewhere in the mountains. For my birthday in 2002 I bought a Honda Spirit 750, shortly that was a bit tame so I found a Honda VTX 1300. In 2006 some of my 'friends' dared me to go to Bubs shindig and ride RWYB... I don't even remember how fast I ran but that hooked me.
With a lot of help from my friends we built a 1970 Honda CB100 to run at Maxton and last month I wiggled into a very warm suit and helmet and set a record in the Production 4 stroke class.
Am off to Bubs next month...Anyone from SC going?
It's just a case of too soon old and too late smart. Will Penny

Offline Veronykah

• New folks
« Reply #1392 on: July 07, 2010, 12:42:55 AM »
Hi everyone, my name's Gwen. Although not a racer of any kind, well other than through the traffic in LA, I have been into cars for quite some time. For years now I've been meaning to get to Bonneville to see the races (I'm a photographer that shoots cars and landscapes as well).
I've decided to make the trip to El Mirage this coming weekend and was looking around trying to find out what time everything starts.
I found your forums and figured this would be a good place to ask and learn more about racing.

Offline Dakzila

• 1956 Triumph cub
« Reply #1393 on: July 07, 2010, 05:12:30 PM »
Welcome aboard Gwen,

Be sure to bring a hat and some sun screen, it going to hot at ELMO this coming weekend.

Ron B
"Marred by indecision; vision is blurred, confidence deteriorates and progress stagnates."

"It's not about what you did.....It's about what you do!"

"Regret is part of the aging process and should never be confused with failure."

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #1394 on: July 07, 2010, 05:15:00 PM »
And lots of cold water, and good sun glasses
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah