Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2276575 times)

Offline hotschue

Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1365 on: May 27, 2010, 07:48:03 AM »
Hello Rick,  Seems when we "find the Salt" as in my case, on my way to Monterey Historics in 2002, it becomes a passion.  I'm based on the east coast, send a PM and will talk. Welcome aboard...
Udo
Udo Horn
221.559 D/CGC '03
182.144 G/GMS 2019

Offline Dan Parker

• New folks
« Reply #1366 on: May 27, 2010, 01:42:30 PM »
     Hello My name is Dan Parker.I just found this site looking around for info on bonneville. I just aquired a bellytank and intersted in running in 2011. I build and drive drag race cars for a living. I own Parker Chassis in Salem Al. we specialize in race car fabrication. But i know it is totaly different than the salt,so I am looking forward to learning as much as I can from everyone here.. Thanks for a site like this,Dan

Offline theazoldcrow

• Yup!
« Reply #1367 on: May 27, 2010, 01:53:40 PM »
 welcome Dan!  Give us some info on your tank.  I help with the "Old Crow" belly tanker team and we always are interested in new things,,,,,,as long as their old,,,,,, hmmmmm!   Enywho, welocome to one of the more informative, and unique sites on these machines!       Crow.
The Earth, is an intergalactic insane asylum.!

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #1368 on: May 27, 2010, 05:12:26 PM »
Don't know what part of Alabama your in but Johnson Hot Rods in Gadsden have been running at Bonneville for the past 4 or 5 years.  

Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline oldracer19

• Plan B Racing
« Reply #1369 on: May 30, 2010, 09:30:38 AM »
Hey Dan

Welcome to your new disease.  No known cure, but salt is good for you!  Be prepared to "unlearn" a lot of what you thought was good for a race car, but a lot of the fun is learning a new way to race.  The people are great, and you will find a lot of help here on the forum.  Good luck!

Dave
"because plan A never works"

Offline superford317

« Reply #1370 on: June 02, 2010, 05:42:56 AM »
hello, i live in east tenn about 5 hours from the maxton NC area.
i have been drag racing for 11 years, i have won 62 races and 2 track championships in the southeast.
my current car is a front engine altered running low 5s and about 150mph in the 1/8.
i have a shop and have built several cars ground up and dozens of racing engines.
i have mills, lathes, plasma cutters, welders, torchs engine test stands the whole 9 yards.
i am looking for something different and want to get into land speed racing.
i specialize in small block ford windsors & clevelands but have built them all from chryslers to roundy round 4 cylinders.
i am currently finalizing plans to build a streemliner body and chassis with 700-1000 HP and hope to run at maxton mainly with a few trips to other areas.
i was getting tired and wanted to get away for a while.
i have been in southern iraq 90 miles from the kuwait border for the last 4 years and am looking forward to going home and starting the shop up again later this year.
Constructing a 1000hp turbocharged bellytank

Offline relaxedphit

• Organ Donor...refrigerate after opening
« Reply #1371 on: June 02, 2010, 12:47:59 PM »
Hey Dan, There's a rumor going around that some guy and his wife (lady & her husband) around Enterprise Ala. know something about LSR. Can't say for sure but that's what I heard.

Offline plugphotography

• New folks
« Reply #1372 on: June 14, 2010, 06:29:49 AM »
Hi, my name is Owen Buggy, I’m a UK based English/Irish Automotive Photographer & petrol head! I lived in San Francisco for a period in 2007, during that time I drove eight thousand miles through 5 states shooting Automotive back grounds/landscapes for “CGI” prototype cars for companies such as Aston Martin, Bentley Motors, Lotus Cars, Nissan, & General Motors. I spent a few happy days shooting the salt flats of Bonneville…great place…and somewhere I’d love to re-visit.

This year I'm looking to shoot Bonneville Speed week 2010………….My aim is to get involved with a team taking part in Speed week 2010. I want to document your “trials and tribulations” including your vehicle, your team, the runs & the atmosphere during speed week….and maybe even the journey/road trip to & from Bonneville.

I can probably fund my air fare to the USA (California etc) but that’s about all my budget will allow….so I’m looking to become part of a team that can provide me with transport/accommodation during speed week. In return you will get free images of your team & vehicle during the whole event. I will attempt to get a magazine feature here in the UK about the trip and if you can get interest from any US publication then any images/story could be used for that also.

I have been a commercial photographer for about 5 years and have a BA in the Photography & Electrical Imaging. I have loads of experience shooting cars in motion (tracking shots) and also on location, from hot rods to production motors.

I’m 28, I love the smell of petrol, I love cars (owned 23 cars already) I’m pretty good with engines, I’m easy going & super keen to get involved.

I can send my automotive portfolio via email to anyone who is interested, or alternatively you can visit my website (search for: plugphotography) and view the “automotive” portfolio.

Please feel free contact me on:
Email: owen(at)plugphotography(dotcom)
Phone: +44 (0) 7787354233

Many thanks Guys...I hope someone can help.

Owen

Offline injected65

• New folks
« Reply #1373 on: June 18, 2010, 03:21:23 PM »
I suppose I should introduce myself.  My name is Chris Rose.  It's been almost a year since I registered on the site.  I've taken a good bit of time to browse and search the answers to my basic questions.  Great site, lots of good info (and stories). 

I have a BS in Automotive Technology from Pittsburg State University (Kansas not PA).  The last 10 years I have had the pleasure to make automotive performance my hobby as well as my career.  My background is mostly been in drag racing, but I have always held a fascination for land speed racing.   Recently I had some semi-local racers come into where I work and had us make some parts for their Bonneville roadster.  Talking to the guys really made me realise that I was getting bored with drag racing and that building a car for Bonneville might be a cool thing to do.  I'm now in the process of selling the drag car and choosing a path to make my way west.

Thanks,
Chris Rose

Offline Geo

« Reply #1374 on: June 18, 2010, 03:48:21 PM »
Welcome to you, a fellow Kansan.  There are a few of us here.  I plan to be your way this fall and try to stop in.

Geo

Offline injected65

• New folks
« Reply #1375 on: June 18, 2010, 04:39:01 PM »
Hello Geo.  I am working for Innovators West (harmonic dampers) here in Salina.  Feel free to stop by any time.  I used to work for Procharger down in Lenexa for several years.  Moved from KCK here to Salina about 5 years ago now.  Actually heading to Independence tonight to race my Mustang at KCIR tomorrow.

Offline GH

« Reply #1376 on: June 20, 2010, 09:34:05 AM »
Hi Chris, I went to auto mechanics school with a guy from Salina. His name was Larry Hoffman, his dad owned the Buick dealership. Is he still around? So, you went to PU? Welcome to LSR, you'l like it.

Offline injected65

• New folks
« Reply #1377 on: June 20, 2010, 06:23:07 PM »
I know the Hoffman name, but I don't know any of them personally.  I went to PSU from 95-99 then headed up to Kansas City for 6 years until I got a chance to move back here to Salina where I grew up. 

I'm definitely interested in making it out to Bonneville.  Unless my drag car sold soon, there is just no way to get a car ready for the World of Speed.  Hopefully next year I can have a vehicle ready to hit Speed Week and/or World of Speed.  I've been reading up on the rule book and reading page after page of info here to get an idea of what I want to build.  I'm a Ford guy so that much is set in stone, but other than that the body and power train are still up in the air.  I have several possibilities available to me at the moment.

Offline Vishnuatepork

« Reply #1378 on: June 22, 2010, 05:18:07 AM »
I'm

Alan Caldwell,  I hail from Victoria, British Columbia, up in Canada.
I am starting to prepare for my run at El Mirage in Sept.   I only get one chance so i am trying my best to make sure its good.

Ride:  1990 VX800,  an old Suzuki shaft driven Vtwin.

I could go on for hours, but I just (finally) found this forum, and its now 2:15 am and I need to sleep tonight.

I'll see you all in the faq area tomorrow.

Peace!
suzuki vx800, 41mm FCR, shrink ported head, mega cycle cam, singh grooved head, custom headers, Supertapp exhaust, Ignitech ignition module, vs1400 drive hub, nology coils, magnecor wires, 12:1 cp pistons, carillo rods

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #1379 on: June 22, 2010, 08:09:16 AM »
And peace be unto you, my farkling cuskapad (if you've read some Robert Heinlein this phrase should be vaguely familiar).

Welcome to the Forum.  Thanks very much for telling us where you are, too -- because way too many folks show up and don't say where's home base -- and sometimes we might be able to find someone not all that far away that might be a help to you.  How 'bout putting that location information by the little avatar on the far left of the blank?  You can input all of your stuff on the same pages where you registered and filled out the personal information.

Welcome again.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com