Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2277157 times)

Offline 47cj2a

• New folks
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1305 on: May 01, 2010, 06:42:25 PM »
Thanks for clearing that up for me, I couldnt understand why the AMA was charging in EUR.

I am optimistic that the bike will do good, and I am not hung up on setting records. it just seemed like a steep price to charge per run.

I appreciate the help so far.

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #1306 on: May 01, 2010, 09:20:51 PM »
Welcome Kraski.
Great looking racer, British singles sound great with a megaphone!
Scott

Beauty, is in the ear of the beholder Scotty, but like anything, too much of a good thing isn't always better....in 09 out here we got pitted next to three old Brit bikes, methanol, megaphones and lots of
..."mmm-baaa,mm-baaa...mmmm-baaa mmmmmm-baaaaa.....mmmmmmmmmmm-bAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, BANG, pop....fffftt"....
back on the rollers....
"rrrrr.rrrr.rrrrrrrrrr ....rrrrr .....pop, popo pop, pop, fffft , popooh pop"
lots of yelling....
"mmmmmmm-baaaaaa mmmmmmmmm-baaaaaaa  MMMMMMMMMMM-BAAAAAAAAA" ....
louder yelling.....
"MMMMMM-BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA  pop...pop...popop.....BANG! MMMMMM-BAAAAAAAAA"...
more yelling etc...

it gets under your skin after a few days :roll:

Nice lookin bike 47cj2a , my brother had a Beeza, always had a soft spot for 'em.
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #1307 on: May 01, 2010, 11:38:40 PM »
In the beginning I felt that the entry fees for land speed racing were far too high.  Then I learned about how it is a non commercial motor sport and our entry fees pay for a lot of the event operating costs.  Also, I saw that a many folks were helping for free and no events would occur without them.  I am a low budget guy, but I have no objection to paying what they charge.  It is a bargain, really.       

Offline 47cj2a

• New folks
« Reply #1308 on: May 04, 2010, 02:02:48 AM »
honestly i dont think the entry fees are too high, I can only imagine what goes on to put something like this. I just assumed that the BUB race required you to pay 200 EUR per run, which for me would have been far more then I could afford. after some clarification I can see that is not the case.

Thanks again for all that have taken the time to patiently answer some questions i have had.

Kraski

Offline High Gear

• Team Arrow Racing
« Reply #1309 on: May 04, 2010, 02:30:42 PM »
Dr. Goggles,

I feel your pain.

A few years back we had just finished putting up our pits and in comes someting like a Geo Metro complete with a three cylinder snowmobile engine sporting big shiny expansion chambers. So being the lifetime bike racer that I am I took one look, then picked up and moved.

It's bad enough that you have to listen to it on the starting line you sure don't have to listen to next door for a week.

Gary
Fix What You Know is Wrong First
Spirits Of The Lakes E/FMS Berkeley #569

Offline Beairsto Racing

« Reply #1310 on: May 04, 2010, 02:47:17 PM »
Welcome Kraski.
Great looking racer, British singles sound great with a megaphone!
Scott

Beauty, is in the ear of the beholder Scotty, but like anything, too much of a good thing isn't always better....in 09 out here we got pitted next to three old Brit bikes, methanol, megaphones and lots of
..."mmm-baaa,mm-baaa...mmmm-baaa mmmmmm-baaaaa.....mmmmmmmmmmm-bAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, BANG, pop....fffftt"....
back on the rollers....
"rrrrr.rrrr.rrrrrrrrrr ....rrrrr .....pop, popo pop, pop, fffft , popooh pop"

Thanks, I had a good laugh..I know those sounds. :cheers:

The Double has a bit of a cackle too, when the 2nd engine fires. :-D
lots of yelling....
"mmmmmmm-baaaaaa mmmmmmmmm-baaaaaaa  MMMMMMMMMMM-BAAAAAAAAA" ....
louder yelling.....
"MMMMMM-BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA  pop...pop...popop.....BANG! MMMMMM-BAAAAAAAAA"...
more yelling etc...

it gets under your skin after a few days :roll:

Nice lookin bike 47cj2a , my brother had a Beeza, always had a soft spot for 'em.
2 Club since '02
Sponsored by: Turple Bros.,
Palliser Chevrolet, Hose Headquarters, Bentley's Motosicle Pain Tin, The Window Man

Offline ScrappyDH

• New folks
  • AMMO!
« Reply #1311 on: May 06, 2010, 06:08:40 AM »
Hello Everyone!

My name is James. I currently live in Arizona. I am in the military. I enjoy riding my bike, and accomplishing challenges.

Since early 2001 I have been interested in having a 2 wheeled machine that would exceed 200 MPH. On May 4th 2006 i purchased a new Hayabusa for my 25th birthday. Since then i have been addicted to the challenge of being able to make that machine faster. I remember watching videos on youtube with Dave Owens (RIP), and seeing the bikes he worked on speeding down the runways and thought to myself, maybe i could do that someday.

With past financial and military obligations my personal challenges have been placed on hold. Just recently i have been able to scrounge up some money and am now ready to start building my bike. I still own the 06 Busa and am hoping maybe some of the mechanics and builders might be able to help guide me with questions and product information and maybe some tips. i will do my best to not be a bother to anyone, but i look forward to communicating with all of you.

Thank you for reading.

James R

Offline Beairsto Racing

« Reply #1312 on: May 06, 2010, 06:48:41 AM »
Welcome James,

This is a great site to learn about the rules and classes with lots of Hayabusa riders as well.
For specific questions on performance, I'd suggest you join suzukihayabusa.org , there is a land speed section there devoted to modifying Hayabusas.
What are your plans? Bonneville? Goliad? etc
2 Club since '02
Sponsored by: Turple Bros.,
Palliser Chevrolet, Hose Headquarters, Bentley's Motosicle Pain Tin, The Window Man

Offline theazoldcrow

• Yup!
« Reply #1313 on: May 06, 2010, 09:20:32 AM »
 :cheers: Welcome to the site James, from Mammoth, Az.         Crow.
The Earth, is an intergalactic insane asylum.!

Offline ScrappyDH

• New folks
  • AMMO!
« Reply #1314 on: May 06, 2010, 09:43:38 AM »
Welcome James,

This is a great site to learn about the rules and classes with lots of Hayabusa riders as well.
For specific questions on performance, I'd suggest you join suzukihayabusa.org , there is a land speed section there devoted to modifying Hayabusas.
What are your plans? Bonneville? Goliad? etc

I am a member on the hayabusa.org forums, lots of knowledgeable individuals over there!

A of right now, my sights are not as high as lets say Bonneville, first i need to figure out what turbo setup and electronics i need to get started. i never owned a turbo bike and i finally have a chance to. I was thinking i would start racing here at speedworld (local drag tracks) and move up from there. my ultimate goal for my riding is to top 230mph..

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #1315 on: May 06, 2010, 10:14:14 AM »
Learn your way up to 230, James.  Dave Owen ran 220 on motor, and Guy Caputo has gone 228.8 on nitrous.  Have some fun on your way to 230.  Of course -- you're going to do whatever the heck you want to do, so why am I teasing?  Well, because the learning curve is fun to ride.  The turbo method is one (relatively) quick way to make enough horsepower to get to the 230 number.

As a rough (very rough) rule of thumb, it'll take a bit over 200 hp to get your 'Busa to 200.  Now you know about where you've gotta start.  Have fun and welcome to landracing.com.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline ScrappyDH

• New folks
  • AMMO!
« Reply #1316 on: May 06, 2010, 10:23:42 AM »
Learn your way up to 230, James.  Dave Owen ran 220 on motor, and Guy Caputo has gone 228.8 on nitrous.  Have some fun on your way to 230.  Of course -- you're going to do whatever the heck you want to do, so why am I teasing?  Well, because the learning curve is fun to ride.  The turbo method is one (relatively) quick way to make enough horsepower to get to the 230 number.

As a rough (very rough) rule of thumb, it'll take a bit over 200 hp to get your 'Busa to 200.  Now you know about where you've gotta start.  Have fun and welcome to landracing.com.

As the bike was mostly stock (power commander /exhaust mods TRE) i had it as fast as it would take me on some of the rarely used roads around here, my GPS i was carrying said 183. I had pushed its stock limits several times now just feel the need for more.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #1317 on: May 06, 2010, 10:36:36 AM »
183 sounds real enough for a pretty stock 'Busa.  Now think of this:  Wouldn't it be great to be able to pin the throttle and let the bike stretch its legs -- without having to worry about police, traffic, deer, idiot other drivers, stray animals, police, and goofball folks driving while using a cellphone?  And be riding that bike flat out while knowing that a few inspectors have gone over the bike and your safety gear -- your leathers, helmet, gloves, boots, even body armor -- so you're confident that most of the potential hazards have been reduced or even eliminated?

These are some of the reasons we're glad you're thinking of racing with us -- it's WAY safer for you (and the rest of the world, too, but let's concentrate on your safety - and fun).
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline ScrappyDH

• New folks
  • AMMO!
« Reply #1318 on: May 06, 2010, 10:44:40 AM »
183 sounds real enough for a pretty stock 'Busa.  Now think of this:  Wouldn't it be great to be able to pin the throttle and let the bike stretch its legs -- without having to worry about police, traffic, deer, idiot other drivers, stray animals, police, and goofball folks driving while using a cellphone?  And be riding that bike flat out while knowing that a few inspectors have gone over the bike and your safety gear -- your leathers, helmet, gloves, boots, even body armor -- so you're confident that most of the potential hazards have been reduced or even eliminated?

These are some of the reasons we're glad you're thinking of racing with us -- it's WAY safer for you (and the rest of the world, too, but let's concentrate on your safety - and fun).

I appreciate the concern, i too have to tell myself to cool it every now and then. I know going fast is fun, but going fast safely and with less hazards is even more fun. I never thought i would even be hearing myself utter that 1 word that most people forget "safety" the military has taught me well when it comes to risk management. I must go get some work done.. be back later.

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #1319 on: May 06, 2010, 01:42:49 PM »
Welcome James, always good to have another Busa rider around.

Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing