Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2276833 times)

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1290 on: April 16, 2010, 08:58:03 PM »
Christy,  I am in Winston Salem,  NC  just an hour below the VA border....let me know if I can help you.

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline sprintcj

• New folks
« Reply #1291 on: April 16, 2010, 09:19:58 PM »
thanks Cajon, I saw your Vicky , nice ride, good runs and can't wait to see the stude.

Christy

Offline dw230

« Reply #1292 on: April 18, 2010, 12:37:53 PM »
Christy,

I am unsure as to why you couldn't get "clear answers" to your questions. Who did you ask?

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Last Minute Racing

• New folks
« Reply #1293 on: April 22, 2010, 09:47:31 AM »
Hey guys my name is Dave, I'm a DLRA member and racer.
Ive got an RGV250 Suzuki that i ran for the first time this year after speculating last year.
In the process of rebuilding after a small seizure (the bike not me) on the salt. 118 mph with a gear to go.
Would love to see 130 next year, but we will see, was running too lean for the conditions so will be fitting EGT Gauge for my next attempt.
Long Live 2 Strokes.
Thanx
Dave

ps wow spell check  :lol:
FASTER! FASTER! BANG F&^*K! F%&*K! F#$%K! s*** MORE MONEY

Offline Lynchy

« Reply #1294 on: April 26, 2010, 08:04:38 AM »
Dave

Good luck for next year and you are always welcome on the start line.......... :-D

Lynchy

Offline 47cj2a

• New folks
« Reply #1295 on: April 28, 2010, 02:47:00 PM »
Hello my name is Kraski from around Seattle WA. I have always wanted to make it out for Speedweek or BUB and it looks like the dream might come true this year.

here is the bike, sorry its the only pic i have of it right now its from his web site.

a good friend Steve used to road race the BSA and he is letting me take it all apart and get it ready and qualified

Offline High Gear

• Team Arrow Racing
« Reply #1296 on: April 28, 2010, 02:53:49 PM »
Krasky,

Now that's what a motorcycle should look like.

Welcome aboard.

Good Luck and see you at Speedweek.

Gary
Fix What You Know is Wrong First
Spirits Of The Lakes E/FMS Berkeley #569

Offline 47cj2a

• New folks
« Reply #1297 on: April 28, 2010, 04:50:14 PM »
Thanks Gary,

I have wanted to go to the salts since I could remember.

I am hoping to make it, its going to be a lot of work to tare the bike down and rebuild it but it will all be worth it in the end.

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #1298 on: April 28, 2010, 06:46:32 PM »
Welcome Kraski, always good to see new people here. Especially motorcycle people!! :-D Thats a really nice bike. What size motor??

Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline 47cj2a

• New folks
« Reply #1299 on: April 28, 2010, 09:41:27 PM »
glad i could help out Fred  :cheers:

the bike is a '71 B50, stock its at 500cc, but when he road raced it it was enlarged to a 580cc.

We haven't decided if we want to put a stock barrel on it or run it in the 650cc class.

actually we havnt decided much of anything. I contacted some fine folks at SCTA and asked them about roller starters, front brakes and a few other things to make sure this bike would be a good candidate.

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #1300 on: April 30, 2010, 01:54:30 AM »
glad i could help out Fred  :cheers:

the bike is a '71 B50, stock its at 500cc, but when he road raced it it was enlarged to a 580cc.

We haven't decided if we want to put a stock barrel on it or run it in the 650cc class.

actually we havnt decided much of anything. I contacted some fine folks at SCTA and asked them about roller starters, front brakes and a few other things to make sure this bike would be a good candidate.

Welcome!!

Roller starters are OK.

Front brakes are not required as long as the back brake is functional, (The SCTA rules only require a minimum of the back brake to work)  The standard bore size to race in the 500 class should be 85mm from memory.

John

Offline Beairsto Racing

« Reply #1301 on: April 30, 2010, 02:58:40 AM »
Welcome Kraski.

He's a good friend if he will let you thrash his BSA at Bonneville.
Great looking racer, British singles sound great with a megaphone!
Post some photos once you dive into the project.

Scott
2 Club since '02
Sponsored by: Turple Bros.,
Palliser Chevrolet, Hose Headquarters, Bentley's Motosicle Pain Tin, The Window Man

Offline 47cj2a

• New folks
« Reply #1302 on: April 30, 2010, 10:25:01 PM »
John: Yah thats what the SCTA guys told me. I poured over the book but did not see anything about roller starters (unless i missed it completely). Also I was not sure about front brakes on the MPS class. We are still undecided on weather to install a stock barrel or just run the next class up.

Scott: He is a nice guy for sure. I think he just wants to see the bike compete again. Or maybe he feels bad for all of the money i have spent with him on my other two BSA's over the years. He is leaving town until the 11th but once he returns we are starting on the tare down and rebuilding of the bike.

He was interested in participating at the BUB event. However, I am not a big fan. Being there high cost to participate, $625 BUB entry fee, 200 EUR per attempt (need two to set a record) that alone is over $600. I am a little on a budget as I am fighting the bureaucracy of the USCG and my last employer to try and upgrade my license. Maybe next year though.

I appreciate the warm welcomes  :cheers:

Kraski

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #1303 on: May 01, 2010, 12:42:43 AM »
A BSA 500 at last year's BUB meet.  It is nice to see the BSA's running.

Offline WhizzbangK.C.

• Ed Bennett, Speed Team Doo Kansas City fab shop.
« Reply #1304 on: May 01, 2010, 02:41:55 AM »
John: Yah thats what the SCTA guys told me. I poured over the book but did not see anything about roller starters (unless i missed it completely). Also I was not sure about front brakes on the MPS class. We are still undecided on weather to install a stock barrel or just run the next class up.

Scott: He is a nice guy for sure. I think he just wants to see the bike compete again. Or maybe he feels bad for all of the money i have spent with him on my other two BSA's over the years. He is leaving town until the 11th but once he returns we are starting on the tare down and rebuilding of the bike.

He was interested in participating at the BUB event. However, I am not a big fan. Being there high cost to participate, $625 BUB entry fee, 200 EUR per attempt (need two to set a record) that alone is over $600. I am a little on a budget as I am fighting the bureaucracy of the USCG and my last employer to try and upgrade my license. Maybe next year though.

I appreciate the warm welcomes  :cheers:

Kraski

I think you're misreading the BUB info. The info you quoted is for FIM record attempts. Not a lot of folks go that way. If you're happy running for AMA National records the pre-entry fee is only $425 before June 1st, and includes as many runs as you can squeeze in. The last couple of years we've gotten multiple runs in each day, and the later in the week it gets the shorter the lines are. I think it's great bang for the buck. AMA records are just as valid as any other organization, they are what they are and every organization has rule differences that make them unique. Don't get hung up on the politics of which organization has "real" records, just come out and run.
Ah, this is obviously some strange usage of the word 'safe' that I wasn't previously aware of.  Douglas Adams