Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2276760 times)

Offline Ol Deuce

• New folks
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1050 on: December 09, 2009, 09:54:24 PM »
What I have to do is resize my photos so they will post!

Offline Ol Deuce

• New folks
« Reply #1051 on: December 09, 2009, 10:01:14 PM »
BTTT :cheers:

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #1052 on: December 10, 2009, 01:37:18 AM »
Very nice! :cheers: :cheers:

Pete

Offline BAILEIGH INC

• New folks
    • Baileigh
« Reply #1053 on: December 14, 2009, 04:53:40 PM »
Hello from Baileigh!

How do I create an Avatar on this board. Its a little different layout than most.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 05:10:04 PM by BAILEIGH INC »
Shane Henderson
Baileigh Industrial Inc.
shenderson@bii1.com
www.bii1.com
920-684-4990

Click Here For Quality Metal
Fabrication Equipment From BAILEIGH  www.bii1.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #1054 on: December 14, 2009, 05:07:03 PM »
Unh, this Forum is exactly like it is -- and I can't compare it to others because I don't go to many others  As for your avatar - when you're on the Registration page there's a place for plugging in a photo or most anything - to use as the avatar.  You might have to convert your chosen avatar to a jpg or something else that's compatible with the system.

Welcome to the Forum.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Desert Duck

• New folks
« Reply #1055 on: December 15, 2009, 12:59:57 AM »
Greetings!

Luckiest guy on the planet here.   We moved to Utah from Phoenix, AZ seven months ago.  Looking forward to getting a car and getting into the 130 club and then the 150 club.

Have a wife and two great kids.  they have put up with my gear headedness for 10 years of marriage as I have owned a few cars in the day.

Sold my 1968 GT/CS Mustang in March of this year and now looking to get a less collectible car that I can run flat out.  Wanted to live in Utah for Bonneville reasons for several years now.  Don;t pinch me....  I'm 42 years young and stoked to be here.   Fall 2010 I'll be with the USFRA on the salt in search of knowledge, skills and new friends. 

I am so blessed to have a good job and co-workers that are quality people.  I love my wife, kids, job and life.  God is great and life is great too!

Hey, I am looking for a car to buy (cheap) that I can get some good horsepower out of.  Dream would be a Mustang that I could add an STS rearmount turbo kit to and learn more from there.

Anyone know of a car I could buy for cheap?   Thanks in advance for any ideas you can send my way.
Follow the 12 boys, follow the 12.   
The points of the Scout Law that is...
Be Prepared!

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #1056 on: December 15, 2009, 11:34:04 AM »
Duck, look in the for sale... there is a race ready car that is probably way less than 1/2 build cost at 15K, there is also a lakester with possibilities and a streamliner.... just depends how far you want to get in... and how fast you want to go...  :-D
Welcome to our addiction
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #1057 on: December 15, 2009, 11:38:05 AM »
Welcome to the forum Desert Duck!  Sorry to hear about your addiction/affliction!! Make sure you come out for Speed Week as well!!  We love seeing new addicts!!  Be sure to bring your wife and kids. Keeping your wife involved will make life easier for you, happier for her, and the kids can become future land speed racers with the opportunity to meet some of the greatest Icons in the racing industry!!  Besides, we love enlarging our Racing Family every year!!!

Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline Desert Duck

• New folks
« Reply #1058 on: December 15, 2009, 02:44:05 PM »
Thanks, Lynda. Good tips on getting family into it...   I see you are from Seaside!   I grew up in Brookings, Coos Bay and Eugene, Oregon.  Hence I am an OREGON Duck and now that I have lived in the Idaho Desert, Arizona Desert and Utah's High Desert.... I am Desert Duck.   Real name is Mike.

Thanks, Stainless.  I will seek out the for sale section...  scope it out from there.  Not sure if 15K is in the cards presently.  Gonna try it on the cheap for the 130 and 150 club.  If I am truly geekin out on the salt then I will buy up or trade up and start a long term pursuit of 200.  Gotta take it in stages for now.

Like I tell my friends and co-workers, the race is not always to the swift, but to those who keep on runnin....  I work for the Boy Scouts and practice being a Thrifty Scout, so that is my approach to Bonneville.  Until I get that money tree going and can have a good harvest (grin)...

:-)    Thank you both for the kind and thoughtful reply and welcome to the racing community!  you are appreciated!

Mike
Be Prepared!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1059 on: December 15, 2009, 02:50:18 PM »
DD welcome  you are going to love  USFRA great bunch of guys and gals!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline theazoldcrow

• Yup!
« Reply #1060 on: December 15, 2009, 05:16:01 PM »
 :-o Welcome Mike!  I was raised around the Medford, Talent, Ashland area.  Now I'm in Mammoth, Az.  I'll be here for awhile before we move any place else!    Welcome again, and I'll see you on the Salt in '10>      Crow.
The Earth, is an intergalactic insane asylum.!

Offline Desert Duck

• New folks
« Reply #1061 on: December 15, 2009, 05:57:53 PM »
Crow,

We used to drive over from Brookings to the Jackson County Sports Park for Drag Racing.  I was a mere spectator, but I had a '66 Plymouth Valiant at the time and saw my twin car but with a 440 and massive hood scoop.   Made me proud to own a Mopar!!!

We loved the Rogue valley.   It was a great place to escape to.  When I got my '77 Camaro, I had a guy in your old stompin grounds build a high RPM motor for me.   His name was Harold Hinton (I think), but that was 1985 so memory is fading.  That little 305 had tall gears and upper RPMs and did 125 on highway 101 on the Oregon Coast (I was 18 years old and nothing could kill me) but front end started to really float so I backed off.

Also have stories of martygra (sp?) in Ashland.  Good times with good friends.

If you know of a street car capable of 130 to 150 speeds for sale and inexpensive, please let me know!

Thank you!
Be Prepared!

Offline TINY

« Reply #1062 on: December 16, 2009, 05:34:56 AM »
Tiny Roberts live on SCTA property El Mirage.Wife Ruth & I are caretakers.

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #1063 on: December 16, 2009, 06:26:06 PM »
Hey Tiny..I hope it's not too cold out there for you and Ruth.  :cheers:

See you later.

John

Offline chuckklr04

• New folks
« Reply #1064 on: December 17, 2009, 06:11:45 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few things about me.

I can be a a-#hole. Get over it.

Life is more than walks in the park and pricey mineral water.

I'm all about being real.

Buying 25k beemers to fit in with ADV crowd, then never going further than Starbucks for a $5 Latte . Is a waste of a good bike. Please sell it and burn your man card.

I'm a KLR guy. Doing it cheap is my thing.

Have to because I'm poor, but rich in fortitude, and good ole John Wayne guts and glory.

I like booze, women,bikes,and the American way. If you don't, you must be a commie.

I've done more miles per dollar than 99.99% advriders.

I'm proud to be an American,KLR rider, and a Chinese engine owner( did I mention I'm cheap?).

I wish Harley would get off their a*s and make bikes for the common worker. Build an smaller commuter for the american (built in America, not Italy) and your sales will double. Only the 100k incomes can now afford Harley.

Rant over for now.