Author Topic: Roof rails and parachutes,  (Read 6466 times)

Offline Jeremy Blaze

Re: Roof rails and parachutes,
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2008, 12:09:53 PM »
Thanks again for all the inout.

I know like all forms of racing, racing on a budget is a bit of an oxymoron, but we are all on some sort of budget.

I know we want to do a inline 6.  And that record I posted before looked like an obtainable one.

Are you guys saying a 2nd gen camaro would not be a good choice?  I know thats what Hot Rod used to set several records.

The car would have to be a 'classic' to fit into said class, and I figure that is one of the more aerodynamic choices.

Basically we just want to go out and have fun.  IF we could set a record in the process that would be really cool.  Again, I thought that record would be obtainable, with a turbo.
Never been to the salt.  Drag racer

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2008, 12:26:00 PM »
I know a couple of brothers running a 1950 Buick 4 door sedan, not a good body for lsr but it was FREE and not a large outlay of cash to build it. They are having a lot of fun with it.

Yep not the best body, but you and they have done well with the car (lots of records) and I loved seeing that car even before I knew you.  Won't hold that against the car  8-)

Still like JH said most likely you will put so much more into a car than the cost of the original body, unless maybe you are GH  :lol:, that a free body might cost you a lot down the road in what HP costs to make it go fast,

Sum

Offline interested bystander

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2008, 09:27:01 PM »
Love that Buick- my first serious girlfiend's folks had one and I can remember her dad pouring Mravel Mstery Oil on to some sort of absorbtion device on top of the rocker assembly??!
5 mph in pit area (clothed)

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2008, 12:10:07 AM »
Love that Buick- my first serious girlfiend's folks had one and I can remember her dad pouring Mravel Mstery Oil on to some sort of absorbtion device on top of the rocker assembly??!

Shhhhh..................don't give away all of GH's speed secrets,

Sum