Author Topic: old time lake racer bike  (Read 77043 times)

Offline bvillercr

Re: old time lake racer bike
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2008, 03:03:12 PM »
like these...Prochargers.

Offline willieworld

« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2008, 05:24:39 PM »
the only thing is the cool charger runs a ceramic bearing  --no oil  ---willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2008, 06:57:17 PM »
the only thing is the cool charger runs a ceramic bearing  --no oil  ---willie buchta

How much cfm do they put out?

Offline willieworld

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2008, 07:57:39 PM »
hello sports fans--we got everything sorted out with the turbo folks --"its on its way"  --i had to reshape the fender a little to fit the radius of the wheel--the front end eric ordered was 4 inches to long (not erics fault they sent the wrong one) so i shortened it 4 inches--the seat will be mounted on a single leaf spring mounted on only one end(a local spring shop will make the spring) still have to mount the rear fender and make the handlebars  thinking of old board track looking bars  got the wheels and tires  nate jones gave them a haircut--we are still on schedule for speedweek (yes this year)  anyway here are some pics---willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline willieworld

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2008, 07:59:17 PM »
a few more pics   willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Super Kaz

« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2008, 05:34:48 PM »

Willie,
WOW Your Work is AWESOME  8-)! If I ever make another extra Dollar :-( I have a pretty Trick Twin Turbo LSR V-rod I'd Like to finish :oops:. I know you like the Old School Harley's,but I want to go 250+mph,and can only afford too finish my V-rods :cry:!
I do need to get my front tire shaved down{it's too close to my inter cooler :x} . I think it will be cheaper then buying a new shorter one :? Can I use you as a Referral to Nate Jones or anyone you know  closer to me in Vegas :|?
Your a true Craftsman and an Artist/Racer what a Great Combination.
Hope to see You and Sheri again next meet.
Keep up the great Pic's,
Kaz............

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2008, 05:53:57 PM »
Kaz:

Nate Jones will give you a decent price, whether you mention the name of a customer or not (at least that's been my experience).  But -- at this time of year, with the racing season in full swing, you'll likely pay more/have a longer wait than if you order in December/January/February.  Nate reminded me of that - both when I ordered early in the year and when I forgot and didn't call 'til July. . .

He attends events at the Salt -- and will often show up at the pit of a racer who's running one or more of his (Nate's) tires.  That's good customer service in my mind -- and it makes the cost even easier to take.

Good luck on getting Willie to help with your build.  Oughta be an interesting conversation in the shop. . .
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2008, 06:01:05 PM »

Willie,
WOW Your Work is AWESOME  8-)! If I ever make another extra Dollar :-( I have a pretty Trick Twin Turbo LSR V-rod I'd Like to finish :oops:. I know you like the Old School Harley's,but I want to go 250+mph,and can only afford too finish my V-rods :cry:!
I do need to get my front tire shaved down{it's too close to my inter cooler :x} . I think it will be cheaper then buying a new shorter one :? Can I use you as a Referral to Nate Jones or anyone you know  closer to me in Vegas :|?
Keep up the great Pic's,
Kaz............

Kaz,

Please post up a new thread and show us the Twin Turbo V-rod you have, it sounds awesome.. :wink:

J

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2008, 06:09:00 PM »

Willie,
Keep up the great Pic's,
Kaz............

Kaz,

Please post up a new thread and show us the Twin Turbo V-rod you have, it sounds awesome.. :wink:

J

I agree!! We always get bits and pieces in everyones threads, KAZ start a thread so we can see what you want to do 250 mph on.

Scott

Offline tomsmith

« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2008, 06:11:03 PM »
I'm wondering about the rear suspension spring(s) location.  I suppose you won't squeeze your thighs together when the rear wheel goes up and down, or your voice may change to a few octaves higher once the screaming stops.  Tell me you are going to consider a spring shield.
139mph with no bike, but with speedo and helmet.

Super Kaz

« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2008, 06:29:24 PM »

Willie,
Keep up the great Pic's,
Kaz............

Kaz,

J

I agree!! We always get bits and pieces in everyones threads, KAZ start a thread so we can see what you want to do 250 mph on.

Scott

S&J,
I'd Love to DO THAT if I knew how to make ALL my Pic's smaller :?
Kosman Specialties started it as an Outlaw V-rod.  :-o
I'll start my own thread {as suggested}when I have a little more time to resize the Pic's and get all the SPEELLING and Punctuation Correctly :evil:
You know TWF that is the 1 thing I'm slow at :oops:
Hope 2 C U all Real Soon,
Kaz............

P.S Sorry Slim & WB for the interuption :mrgreen:!

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2008, 06:52:23 PM »
Once again, photobucket. Kaz call me if you need help posting.

Now back to Willies bike. What is the plan for paint Willie?

Scott

Offline willieworld

« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2008, 08:19:28 PM »
scott  im back was gone thinking about a duel engine Vrod---the motor is all chrome and polished with black cases and trans case--the frame- swing arm and frontend wil be a satin black --tank and fender will be up to eric the owner   ---scott  the pics that kaz posted here --if i click on it -it gets larger and then if i click on the right bottom corner the pic will be almost full screen on my computer --all the pics posted through fotobucket wont do that --they wont get any larger am i missing something --also sherri doesnt do my typing any more so im getting faster at it --it doesnt seam to help my spelling though --have a safe 4th of july all  willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2008, 08:31:24 PM »
Willie - Do what ever works best for you with the pictures. I believe, along with some others that it is easier to follow your work if the picture already popped up full screen in the thread with caption above or below them with what exactly is happening in the photo, it makes it easier to understand your thoughts and the message you are trying to send to the reader if you can read what you wrote, view the picture and move to the next. Instead of reading the whole paragraph you wrote and then looking at the four photos decribed in the paragraph and trying to decide which photo you are referring to.

Scott

scott  im back was gone thinking about a duel engine Vrod---the motor is all chrome and polished with black cases and trans case--the frame- swing arm and frontend wil be a satin black --tank and fender will be up to eric the owner   ---scott  the pics that kaz posted here --if i click on it -it gets larger and then if i click on the right bottom corner the pic will be almost full screen on my computer --all the pics posted through fotobucket wont do that --they wont get any larger am i missing something --also sherri doesnt do my typing any more so im getting faster at it --it doesnt seam to help my spelling though --have a safe 4th of july all  willie buchta

Offline willieworld

« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2008, 08:37:19 PM »
yes i like the pics with captions better also  i will try foto bucket sherri wil do that for me --o yes scott next time you send me a note to call you include your phone number  L O L   willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta