Author Topic: Whats up with Fossett's WLSR jet car?  (Read 2864 times)

Blown Alcohol 57tbird

Whats up with Fossett's WLSR jet car?
« on: December 16, 2007, 12:53:22 PM »
Fossett Jet Car

Did the project die off? I see no word of it no web site at least Breedlove had up to date info and web site as does American Eagle. Has the new driver been named? plans of testing? lets get some info going here guy's of the Fossett project. Its still strange they cant find Fossett what is the deal with that? His web site has no up date
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 12:56:46 PM by Blown Alcohol 57tbird »

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: Whats up with Fossett's WLSR jet car?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 01:07:17 PM »
There are plans in the works to keep the project alive. His wife is putting the team back together and has some outside people to help. A driver has not been named at this time.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline willieworld

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 01:19:46 PM »
might contact   BLUE   --he has posted on the suspension section  his name is eric ahlstrom   program manager  fossett lsr    willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 03:10:21 PM »
Ya know it really hasn’t been all that long since Steve went missing.....Just like when any chief dies it takes a little while for the Indians ta pick up the piece pipe.... these guys have a lot to do and I think we'll hear from them sometime next year.... Don’t count them out, reorganization just got tossed into the "to do" list.
Kent

Robin UK

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 04:01:34 PM »
Without wishing to pre-empt anything that Eric might say, both he and the car were at the SSC 10 year reunion where he confirmed that they are taking stock, carrying on the work and looking for backers. For those who have suggested it, Craig Breedlove himself said that he definitely will not be driving the car. I believe that one of the things Eric is doing is getting a seperate website ready to share progress. But as Kent says, it's not that long since Fossett went missing and I'm sure that it must be a complex situation.

Robin

Offline woz

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 05:46:32 PM »