Author Topic: Rationalize the classes  (Read 15004 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Rationalize the classes
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2007, 12:59:16 PM »
Hey, everybody -- HOLD THE PRESSES!  This just in:

Correct spelling of the "v" word that means "bad guy" is villain -- not villian.

Villain -- pronounced like villan, but the "a" comes BEFORE the "i", not after.

You're welcome.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2007, 01:54:14 PM »
TRY AGAIN
Villan = What you need , when you need it.
Who said bad guy anyway ? :-D
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2007, 01:55:07 PM »
GRRRR

That's what I get for copying something DW wrote!

I fixed mine dammmmmmiiiiittt.
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

dwarner

« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2007, 02:59:11 PM »
Three items:

The cartoon of the Bonnevi- - - (?) needs a prop on top of the plunger.

I like the Costella/Fox Solution. Like little league or youth scoccer, everyone trophies regardless of performance. Hey, get your trophy at registration and go home. No need to run at all!

Since the cow went away I just post 'em. Never said the spellin' were rite.

DW

« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2007, 03:04:20 PM »
...Were you referring to 529's lame remark [lol] about Franklin...

Lame?

I really would welcome Frankie into this thread. He would post a couple of moderately relevant points intermingled with a verbal assault on a few members, start getting offended when we don't agree 100% with him, post those same old links again, manage to work Art Arfons into the conversation, start cussing/swearing like a drunken sailor, go batshit insane, then get banned. It's actually quite entertaining and thats pretty much all I look for in a post on a message board.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2007, 03:43:19 PM »
If you try to get FR back you will find the true meaning of verbal attacks. You and he might be the only ones talking to each other. He is not welcome by 99.999 % of the LSR people on this sight.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline racergeo

« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2007, 04:06:25 PM »
        Daer SSS, It is celar to me taht yuo hvae geon to a uinervtisyto laern slpeling and garmmre. The ipmoranttcne of tehse skllis on this sghti I dont uesdnatnrd.
        Aulcalty a rscheerch stuyd at Cmabigde Uinevtisy porvse taht slpeling is unceerray to be a gdoo lnad seepd rcear!! Only a sgtrane mnid!!
        JACK prvoes taht with his frqeent "JACKACISMS", and I hpoe "JACKACISM" will be addde to all yuor vocabulayrs. At lsest 99.999 % of yuo anwyay!!!!

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2007, 04:22:38 PM »
remember "jackacism" is better than "jackulation"...er...wait... did i just say that.?.... well maybe not....
kr

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2007, 04:46:39 PM »
Jack, please explain your one word response. Were you referring to 529's lame remark [lol] about Franklin or Stans being the perfect Bonnevillian with the roadster and all.
......i'd hazard a guess that it's the remarkable by-line...........
As for the Kerflopster , I have this to say....whether you have utmost , some, any or no respect for his opinion or be it experience it is hard to listen to somebody who only has one volume setting . Likewise it is a game man who takes advice or expects help from somebody who only seems to get satisfaction from farting on people's heads . You help or offer useful advice to someone to do just that , help , not to prove your apparent superiority to them whether it is real or imagined .
:wink: :wink:

my e-mail is now on the map at Inbox bomber command.....it received a pasting last night , no incendiaries yet , no genuine high explosive but a decent peppering all the same ...I have to say the unconcealed list of addresses was " interesting".

Hey, everybody -- HOLD THE PRESSES!  This just in:

Correct spelling of the "v" word that means "bad guy" is villain -- not villian.

Villain -- pronounced like villan, but the "a" comes BEFORE the "i", not after.
You're welcome.
and
        Daer SSS, It is celar to me taht yuo hvae geon to a uinervtisyto laern slpeling and garmmre. The ipmoranttcne of tehse skllis on this sghti I dont uesdnatnrd.
        Aulcalty a rscheerch stuyd at Cmabigde Uinevtisy porvse taht slpeling is unceerray to be a gdoo lnad seepd rcear!! Only a sgtrane mnid!!
        JACK prvoes taht with his frqeent "JACKACISMS", and I hpoe "JACKACISM" will be addde to all yuor vocabulayrs. At lsest 99.999 % of yuo anwyay!!!!

There is a part of the brain I'm sure that depending on it's development affects one's suitability to two or four wheels , it is I'm pretty sure mutually exclusive to spelling ....dunno but it just seems car guys spell better than bike guys ............that said ...on a bike you've got enough to worry about without having to step beyond phonetics.........Am i gonna get a rap over the knuckles Slim?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 06:17:35 AM by Dr Goggles »
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2007, 06:50:49 PM »
Spellos are used with printed communications to cause the reader to read it over again and perhaps dwell on the thought long enough for it to register.
With verbal communications a similar effect can be realized if you lower your voice so they have to strain to hear and sometimes ask that it be repeated.
Both are already logged in the sub-conscious, and the trick is to get the recipient to act consciously on it.
FR is an excellent example of why his method doesn't work. :-D
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline 836dstr

« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2007, 06:12:20 PM »
Dr. Googles,

I may have an explanation for spelling differences. Bike guys tend to occationally fall off bikes (I've done it myself, long ago) whereas it's harder to fall off a car.

Then again "Slim" is a bike guy, go figure. Then there's Kent who does both.

Boy is this off the subject. See what you started "Blue".

Tom

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2007, 07:59:46 PM »
Dja ever spin a bike?
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline 836dstr

« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2007, 11:36:18 PM »
Touche!