Author Topic: Rationalize the classes  (Read 15006 times)

dwarner

Re: Rationalize the classes
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2007, 03:13:37 PM »
This is the 30th post on this thread and still no Blue reponses to the requests for further clarification of his proposal.

I think this one is done.

DW

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2007, 04:12:13 PM »
I suspect he is not inclined to beat a dead horse.
I'll bet his response will be forthcoming. :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Blue

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2007, 08:31:03 PM »
Let's all quit being nice.

Let's all quit inviting people to join us.

Let's all quit explaining ourselves to those that don't get it.

Let's all try to be assholes (yes -- I think it's been easy for me already).

Between the environmental and safety concerns, I agree our days are numbered.

Let's just party on as long as we can, and if some of us fall by the wayside -- good.

We need less of us to survive.

Hope that pisses someone off and they go somewhere else.  I'm sure they will get the last word in as they hopefully slam the door.
Hate to disapoint some, I'm not leaving, and I'm not really bothered by any of the responses.  I'm not slamming any doors (or people), or having the last word (I think lots of people tried that here, Stainless came the closest).  All of this helps me, as a newcommer to the LSR world, understand you guys a little better.  A lot of people kind of warped what I said into directions that I didn't mean, and that's the way the blog bounces. 

I asked an honest question and got honest answers.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 08:33:16 PM by Blue »

Offline racergeo

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2007, 08:47:04 PM »
Wow, what a meek , decent, honest and polite response. Next thing he'll anounce he's goina build a roadster with a Hilborn injected small block in it. What a swell guy. This is no place for him. Too nice!!

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2007, 03:31:37 PM »
I don't car where the "newbie" comes from. They are usually sick and tired of the BS of the organization they are leaving. Well as anyone knows the BS is here too. The only difference is most of the LSR guys don't care how it was done "over there" and why the person wants to change the new place rules so they cam run their car at the new location. Many have come and are welcome, many have left so I can move up one more spot in the line.

We have tradition here like all venues. We also have some pretty strong opinions. For some reason we like it. Well the correct thinking ones like roadster, lakesters and streamliners; all the rest have questionable values. As long as you come with an open mind, no propeller, and can tollerate our closed minds you will find friendship.

The rest is academic and no we will not change the way the rulebook is written. It let's us show you a place in it the makes your vehicle illegal...............Good Luck....JD
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2007, 04:22:31 PM »
Hey Geo --

Bet it wouldn't surprise you that Stan (me) had a roadster with a Hilborn-injected small block in it!

Stan Back
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2007, 04:31:27 PM »
I cant believe I am going to say this but.......

I wish Franklin were here  :-P

He is spamming his replies to this thread to inboxes all over the internet but since he is banned from here (multiple times I think) the rest don't get to experience his "logic".

If the boy could just control himself and keep from the personal insults and cussing we could have a hell of a lively discussion here on this subject.

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2007, 08:11:11 PM »
REMARKABLE  :roll:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."

Offline racergeo

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2007, 02:23:26 AM »
Jack, please explain your one word response. Were you referring to 529's lame remark [lol] about Franklin or Stans being the perfect Bonnevillian with the roadster and all.

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2007, 06:13:18 AM »
Jack, please explain your one word response. Were you referring to 529's lame remark [lol] about Franklin or Stans being the perfect Bonnevillian with the roadster and all.

......i'd hazard a guess that it's the remarkable by-line...........

As for the Kerflopster , I have this to say....whether you have utmost , some, any or no respect for his opinion or be it experience it is hard to listen to somebody who only has one volume setting . Likewise it is a game man who takes advice or expects help from somebody who only seems to get satisfaction from farting on people's heads . You help or offer useful advice to someone to do just that , help , not to prove your apparent superiority to them whether it is real or imagined .

:wink: :wink:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 07:38:00 PM by Dr Goggles »
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline Stainless Two

• newest member of the 199.9 club :)
    • MySpace Page
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2007, 06:53:54 AM »
"Why can't the LSR world correlate their classes with other sports racing bodies (SCCA, IMSA, etc.) and retire the roadster-hotrod-studebaker classes that on one hand, dilute the potential of modern participation and on the other hand marginalize the participation of modern types of racing."

hmm...blue,

since there is no other sport like this, how could you possibly correlate the classes?  Those that you refer to are worlds apart from this sport. 

What possible reason could you suggest that would motivate any of these proven racers, the very fastest in what they chose to do, to dilute the experiences, the accomplishments, the satisfaction, simply to encourage some others to participate?  The only encouragement most sportsmen need is to see where the bar is set, and imagine being able to raise it a notch.

While all are welcome, this organization and events are here for a very specific purpose.  This sport is growing without compromising its' origins or principles. 

I would suggest that grousing about the current class structure only shows that there are some folks that want to participate, but might not be able to cut the mustard :)  You dont have to try to compete in those classes that you feel are behind the times, especially if it would be fruitless to even attempt to do so. 

Get a rule book, and build something competitive.   Or beat your head against a brick wall.

Whichever sound best to you :)

Look at my new RED HAT!!!!

#278 1000CC APS-G 208.959MPH record
209.093 mph best time

pit bitch to #1000 Bockscar

Proud to be a Texan!  in San Antonio

dwarner

« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2007, 09:24:25 AM »
"Bonnevillian"

What a bitchn' car name.

Where is that guy from a couple of years ago that could not strat the car build until they had a team name? You sir, are welcome to become ... :"the BONNEVILLIAN"

Costume and super powers are your choice.

DW

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2007, 11:47:34 AM »
The rulers can be called the "Bonnevllans".

REMARKABLE
"Some people preach it, some believe it, some do it, some don't ever do it , some buy it, some can't give it away, some learn it over time, some never will get it no matter what." (me)

SCTA is tradition , unhampered by progress. :wink:

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2007, 11:58:48 AM »
"Bonnevillian"

What a bitchn' car name.

Yeah, I can picture it!

Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline RichFox

« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2007, 12:55:48 PM »
Jack Costella and I have solved the class situation. And made the NASCAR, El Camino, Properster crowd happy in the doing. Cleaned up the rule book and solved waiting times in impound. SCTA needs to raise the entry fee by $25. The money is used to but a container load of trophys from the Yun-ghow trophy and locomotive works in Gan-poo, Canton, China @ $23 each. The classes ard done away with entirely. Everybody gets a trophy at regestration. It's up to the contestant to get the trophy engraved or stamped or use a Sharpy. You can use your actual speed, or what it would have run if whatever went wrong didn't happen. Top speed of the meet car and Motorcycle trophys would still be awarded. Lakes points would be one point per MPH. Fast guys always win. It is a speed contest.