Author Topic: Something to know about places serving Lobster  (Read 10020 times)

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

Something to know about places serving Lobster
« on: November 06, 2007, 12:49:39 AM »
Here is some stupid stuff I discovered today.

After seeing the Long John Silvers add for “Real Buttered Lobster Bites” I took note of the word “Langostino” Lobster Tail that they used once in the add, this made me wonder, what is a Langostino lobster?

In the commercaial they show these helthy large lobster tails as I have always know lobster to be and from this made me think that it was this was the sort of lobster tail that the Langostino was but I decided to find out exactly what what a “Langostino” lobster was.

Come to find out that Langostino Lobster is not lobster at all…..

“Langostino Lobster (or Squat Lobsters) are decapod crustaceans of the families Galatheidae and Chirostylidae, including the common genera Galathea and Munida. They are not lobsters at all, but are more closely related to porcelain crabs, hermit crabs and then, more distantly, true crabs. The flesh from these animals is often commercially sold in restaurants as "langostino lobster," or sometimes called merely "lobster" when incorporated in seafood dishes (although both uses are considered by some to be ethically dubious), which highly upsets the Maine lobster industry”

Here is a pic of the Langostino Lobster:

Just goes to show you that even a franchised chain will tell you that you are getting lobster, show you pics of these huge lobster tails and then really feed you s#*t. 
jonny_hotnuts@hotmail.com

"Sometimes it is impossible to deal with her, but most of the time she is very sweet, and if you caress her properly she will sing beautifully."
*Andres Segovia
(when Im not working on the car, I am ususally playing classical guitar)

Offline Speed Limit 1000

Re: Something to know about places serving Lobster
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 01:25:22 AM »
You can always find mud bugs if you know where to look. :-D
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
Re: Something to know about places serving Lobster
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 01:51:46 AM »
nothin beats "Ortega's" in "Purto Nuevo" about 2 hours south of here.... 2 medium tails, rice, beans, tortilla soup, fresh tortilla's, and a cold beer or margerieta.... all for $9..... use to be $6 but even inflation hit Baja.... "langostino" or "baby" lobster are also called "rock" lobster, you can get a big 'ol combo basket of "tino's" with carne beef, pollo chicken and all the fixins for less than $10... take a warm tortilla, put a couple bugs on it with a spoon full of beans and some rice, pour on a little butter.....man it's fantastic.... startin to druell....shoot.... too bad elmo is this weekend.....
Kent
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 02:01:45 AM by 1212FBGS »