Author Topic: Where am I and how did I get in this handbasket?  (Read 12806 times)

Offline firemanjim

Re: Where am I and how did I get in this handbasket?
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2007, 04:04:22 PM »
Mikuni was not enclosed just ran lines to float bowl and carb body so it would "see" boost signal. Used an Aeromotive boost referenced fuel pressure regulator and a MSD electric fuel pump from Summit. Ran it about 3-4 psi at idle and set regulator to 3-5 above boost. Mikuni makes a needle/seat combo for pressure feed vs gravity.
Buell oil pump is nice as it is a dry sump set-up so you can scavenge and feed your turbo.I have aftermarket pump on it now that has multiple inlets/outlets and have my Garrett turbo plumbed into it.
Or run an Aerocharger which has it's own oil supply. I used one with good results for several years.
BTW, my partner has alot of Blast experience as he has several AMA records with his 600cc set-up--80 HP and 50 ft/lbs torque.
We have a shop at Infineon building/tuning Buells/HD's.
Bonneville 2001,2002,2003,2004,and NO stinking 2005,DLRA 2006, next?
Well,sure can't complain about 2008--6 records over 200 and 5 hats from Bonneville,Bubs, and El Mirage for the team!

Offline frogpirate

• Ken Morton Vancouver, WA, USA
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2007, 06:42:10 PM »
Mikuni was not enclosed just ran lines to float bowl and carb body so it would "see" boost signal. Used an Aeromotive boost referenced fuel pressure regulator and a MSD electric fuel pump from Summit. Ran it about 3-4 psi at idle and set regulator to 3-5 above boost. Mikuni makes a needle/seat combo for pressure feed vs gravity.
Buell oil pump is nice as it is a dry sump set-up so you can scavenge and feed your turbo.I have aftermarket pump on it now that has multiple inlets/outlets and have my Garrett turbo plumbed into it.
Or run an Aerocharger which has it's own oil supply. I used one with good results for several years.

Thank you, that gives me a lot to think about. I'm learning I have a lot to learn. :)

BTW, my partner has alot of Blast experience as he has several AMA records with his 600cc set-up--80 HP and 50 ft/lbs torque.
We have a shop at Infineon building/tuning Buells/HD's.

That would be Terry? I have a picture of his bike as wallpaper for insperation.
"On the other hand, with a single thumper, run it till the valves float, then SHIFT." Dean Los Angles

Offline firemanjim

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2007, 08:54:15 PM »
Yup,that be Terry. His bike is parked in shop next to mine, right next to my son's Bonneville bike.
Bonneville 2001,2002,2003,2004,and NO stinking 2005,DLRA 2006, next?
Well,sure can't complain about 2008--6 records over 200 and 5 hats from Bonneville,Bubs, and El Mirage for the team!

Offline Dakin Engineering

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2007, 08:57:30 PM »
Kent,
  I'm using a Clark Solutions pump. Mag coupled, variable output, internal relief.
12VDC and 5W syn in closed loop. About 3 years on this setup and no problems. Guess I need to spend more time at speed.

Gotta dig the P/N and spec sheet out...

Sam
Turbo Sportsters since '97