Author Topic: sidecar changes  (Read 34243 times)

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
Re: sidecar changes
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2007, 01:29:16 AM »
Bob,

I am not certain that Denis is going to keep spending big dollars to run the Bub's AMA/FIM meet after this year coming (2008) so I hope that I can see you guys run at either an SCTA met at either Bonne or El Mirage if the Bub's meet runs out when the aggreement with FIM runs out next year.

J

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2007, 01:43:28 AM »
Bob,

I curious to know why you keep calling the SCTA sidecars "a wheel on a stick"?  The platform dimensions are the same as BUB.  If you want to see a record breaking "wheel on a stick" look up some photos of Bob Wright(?) and his Vincent with a genuine wheel on a stick.  And at the time FIM approved.
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2007, 01:44:44 AM »
Bob,

I curious to know why you keep calling the SCTA sidecars "a wheel on a stick"?  The platform dimensions are the same as BUB.  If you want to see a record breaking "wheel on a stick" look up some photos of Bob Wright(?) and his Vincent with a genuine wheel on a stick.  And at the time FIM approved.

Do you have a link..?  I would like to make a poster...

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2007, 01:45:47 AM »
John Noonan, Nortonist 592, 4-barrel Mike, willieworld, Freud, bak189, Dynoroom and 6 Guests with "wheel on a sticks"  are viewing this board. :-D

Offline Nortonist 592

« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2007, 01:59:08 AM »
I have a photo somewhere in all the junk I have collected over the years.  As soon as I find it I'll post it.  At least not running on Sunday saves me a thrash for next month.  I might find time to search.

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2007, 02:01:13 AM »
I have a photo somewhere in all the junk I have collected over the years.  As soon as I find it I'll post it.  At least not running on Sunday saves me a thrash for next month.  I might find time to search.

Thanks,

J

Offline Nortonist 592

« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2007, 02:14:52 AM »
Sorry John,   Getting myself mixed up with Russel Wright and Bob Burns.  As Maxwell Smart would say "Missed it by that much."  Heres a shot of Bob Burns, with I believe, Russel Wright's fairing.  If I'm right he ran 188+ with this outfit in 1955.  In a hasty search I found this photo.  Not the one I had in mind but it does show the "wheel on a stick" sidecar that was FIM approved at that time.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 02:18:29 AM by Nortonist 592 »

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2007, 09:53:57 AM »
Thanks for the pictures, I wish my rig was that aero..I met Russel in Australia and he was great and so full of information.

I have a great picture somewhere of Sam Russel and myself...I wil see if I can find it and post it.

J

bak189

« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2007, 11:11:09 AM »
Nortonist.......I wrote you a PM..............................

bak189

« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2007, 12:26:53 PM »
WELL!!!!...................any news on the sidecar changes for 2008 with SCTA  ???........................

Offline willieworld

« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2007, 01:36:13 PM »
yes  i was late to the meeting there was something else that will effect everyone  steering is only allowed to turn 15 degrees left and15 right from straight ahead not sure of the wording - willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

bak189

« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2007, 07:58:53 PM »
Thanks Willie.....15 degrees steering lock, should be no real problem.....that's about all a Dustbin
fairing will allow...........................................................

Offline willieworld

« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2007, 05:57:54 PM »
does the scta sidecar rules have anything to do with the bub speed trials --i thought that they had differant rules or was i wrong--if you set a record at bub this year will it go into the scta rule book next year --thanks  willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

bak189

« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2007, 06:22:47 PM »
Good question, Willie.......No SCTA has their own club record book.........BUB = AMA/FIM has their own National and International records.............
the only connection is that the sidecar rules are somewhat the same.....this is due to the fact that the person who wrote the sidecar rules for SCTA
and AMA for land speed racing is one and the same...........me...........Since the late 1990's and early
2000's I have been out of the sidecar rule picture with SCTA ....however, about 75% of the rules you are now racing under I wrote back in 1979.
The big difference is that AMA/FIM allows for passengers.........or if you do not choose to run a passenger 60kg ballast in the outfit.  I hope this explains it for you.....................................................

Offline willieworld

« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2007, 08:35:40 PM »
did the scta sidecar bikes ever have to carry a passanger or the added weight --and what kind of a front end do you use on your sidecar bikes --im looking for something a little lower profile than what i run--the rake on my bike was actually dictated by the front end i had and a very tight budget thanks  williebuchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta