Author Topic: All entries must be a member of one of the clubs within the Southern California  (Read 10179 times)

Offline ol38y

• When all else fails, gas it!
I hear they have the biggest ice chests also... :-D
Larry Cason
Bakersfield,CA    It's a dry heat!

2010 BUB 1350 M-PG record
2012 Speedweek  1350 A-PG record 169.975
2014 El Mirage Dry Lake  1350 A-PG  172.651

dwarner

Nope.

Rod Riders, used to have 55 gal drums with locks. Club members had a key, all others begged.

DW

Offline interested bystander

Warner,
that's the best reply I've seen in months!
Still laughing!

5 mph in pit area (clothed)

Offline desotoman

Here is one for all you beer drinkers.

Tom G.

http://www.brackenspub.com/beer.swf
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline frogpirate

• Ken Morton Vancouver, WA, USA
Hi, a lurker here. Are any of the clubs more motorcycle oriented than others, or does it matter? FWIW, I too am not in the SoCal area (Vancouver, WA) so will not be attending many/any meetings.

I plan on riding mainly at Bonneville; I ass-ume that there are still advantages to being with a SCTA member club?

Finally, it turns out my wife is flying to Toronto on the 10-11th, so I have a free weekend. I've never been to a meet; how much would I be able to see/absorb at El Mirage if I flew down for the weekend?

Thanks, Ken
"On the other hand, with a single thumper, run it till the valves float, then SHIFT." Dean Los Angles

John@JE Pistons

Ken,

The largest club with the most active motorcycle membership of racers I would think would be the San Diego Roaster Club (SDRC) and then the gear grinders.  Both are great clubs just look at the results for this and last year.

If you come down for the weekend you can get a first hand look at any saftey issues you may have questions on and also meet the tech inspectors and racers.

If you come down let me know a head of time and I will bring you a new 07 rule book free of charge.

Johnwhoisinthesandiegoroadsterswhichisthebestclubperiod!

Offline 836dstr

Ken,

If you decide to come down you could probably hook up with somebody and get a ride out. Onterio (CA) Airport is off I-10 and close to the I-15. Most Racers would be heading up mid-day Friday since it's a 2 day meet.

The weather can be a crap shoot. Last year Saturday got blown out, but Sunday was fine.

Tom

Offline Dean Los Angeles

how much would I be able to see/absorb at El Mirage if I flew down for the weekend?

How much LSR narcotic can you absorb??? There is a ton to see and lots of great guys to talk to. I have had friends come up that don't know a piston from an ashtray and were blown away. Lotsa neat stuff!
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

John@JE Pistons

how much would I be able to see/absorb at El Mirage if I flew down for the weekend?

How much LSR narcotic can you absorb??? There is a ton to see and lots of great guys to talk to. I have had friends come up that don't know a piston from an ashtray and were blown away. Lotsa neat stuff!

Dean,

Can you please email me or post a larger picture of your scooter as I have not seen it in person and it looks rather unique.  email was PM'd to you.

Offline frogpirate

• Ken Morton Vancouver, WA, USA
After checking airfares, I think I'll wait for spring and Bonneville. Thanks John@JE (pistons?) for the offer of the freebie rule book - about an hour after I ordered one! It's all good though. If the weather were a little nicer, and/or I was a little closer I'd just jump on the 'wing and ride down. It's really close to 1K miles from Vancouver to El Mirage, and that's just about 18 hours of boring I-5 slab each way no matter how you cut it. Doesn't leave much time for LSR narcotic absorbtion though.

Bummed, Ken
"On the other hand, with a single thumper, run it till the valves float, then SHIFT." Dean Los Angles

Offline bvillercr

Tom G.

http://www.brackenspub.com/beer.swf

Thanks Tom, I didn't need to be reminded of the past, but she did look like Brittney.....
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 11:22:14 PM by bvillercr »

Offline Roadster943

Tom G.

Thanks Tom,  it is good to have a reminder that getting older is not all bad.   Vince
Land Speed Racing, The sheer joy of spending every dime you've got racing for nothing but glory. David Freiburger