Author Topic: Jon Amo  (Read 10873 times)

Offline Bob Drury

Re: Jon Amo
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2007, 08:45:49 PM »
How about Slim sittin on a Bville Shitter with a laptop?
Bob Drury

Offline Freud

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2007, 10:45:49 PM »
Quoting Jon from an earlier post:
Many have asked me how many have donated.

The answer to that question is NOT ENOUGH.

Jon, just tell us when you are getting tired of making trips to the bank.

Maybe Nancy and I can contribute some Bonneville artwork for the shirts.

Sales would skyrocket then.

FREUD

Since '63

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2007, 11:47:04 PM »
I have already donated, but still would like a shirt.......send me a 2x.

As far as what graphics to use on the shirt I think it would be cool to see members cars or bikes from this site used in the final design.

Scott

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2007, 12:18:04 AM »
Hey Seldom --

That's a nasty-looking bruise on Nancy's leg.  She fall off that scooter?

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club"

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2007, 06:22:08 AM »
Sum,

thanks at first that you wrote what it means to be a "enthusiast" for LSR sport and doing something for the speed community.

But it's not only the people who runs websites.

I'm in similar position - as a photographer for the salt racers.

Last year I had to switch over from old analog camera system to digital - the reason - I can't find anymore a photoshop who developed my rollfilm properly - the crashed me all rolls from August 06 - and the other - the cost for right prints in big size - the last ten years the prize explode by 1000 percent here in Germany - not a joke....and when a bad joke...........

Making picture the way as I do, needs a proper equipment - from September 2006 to today I spent more than 15 000 dollars for my new equipment and the necessary computer stuff to get the digital picture right......by the way......95 percent of the picture I'm doing over the year is at the Bonneville Salt Flats

This is one side - the other is to come over from Germany to the salt - I got now all my bills together - was for the 2007 season around 8000 dollars.

I start to ask for a donation when I give the CD-ROM with the pictures to the racers and teams.

With a very splitting experience..........

Some people gave a donation other not - what really surprising me - people who I know they got not to much money (like good friends from Phoenix and Portland who gave me a huge donation) they are people who give a nice donation - other who owns the money walk away with a thanks.......

One team owner had a problem to know what my pictures are worth - he walked to Jon, the webmaster, and asked Jon for a suggestion.....and Jon, thanks to you - you done well with your opinion......

Thanks to the team owner who follows Jon's mind, also thank you very much to all the other who tooks care with a donation - which also means to me a thank you for my work behind the lens.....

Therefore, some of them gave me not directly cash but they sent me later a check........unfortunately they brought me in trouble..........to clear a check cost me here in Germany  25 dollars.........
Next year in August at the salt I have to trade this checks into a dollar note.........or if this donaters  read this......and may be you remember that you sent a check......put the amount of cash into a envelope (best between two post cards) and send them again.....this would be great.

I will collect this cash for my 2008 season........because I will be back in 2008 again for the racers at the salt......doesn't matter if I be in the deep debt on the end of the year.........I love this sport and I got so much friends there at the salt...........I don't like to miss this great people.

I wish you all a great off season - preparing your racers for the 2008 season - and I see you all again at home - at the Bonneville Salt Flats........
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 06:43:40 AM by PorkPie »
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline NS_Rider

• New folks
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2007, 05:37:44 PM »
Put Scott and I down for a couple T-shirts as well, XL and 2XL. Heck Christmas is coming, good gift between the brothers, eh...
Jon, thanks for all the work and effort you put into the website. Let us know how we can get our hands on these T-Shirts. I'll tuck it away with Andy Green autographed T-shirt from 2006 Salt Talks.
Again thanks for all you do to keep us informed when we can't be there racing,
Craig Beairsto (Scott's little brother)
Beairsto Racing

Offline frogpirate

• Ken Morton Vancouver, WA, USA
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2007, 09:20:53 PM »
I'd happily pay $30 or so for a t-shirt (make mine a size L please). I just bought a "I love Ardys" t-shirt (don't know Ardy's? See Rider magazine, November issue. Ardy's is a 76 year old great-grandmother who rode her motorcycle 100,000 miles in 12 months!) and payed that to help support her. Even though I'm new here, I feel this site is well worth supporting.

In the mean time, I'll shoot off a small donation.

Ken
"On the other hand, with a single thumper, run it till the valves float, then SHIFT." Dean Los Angles

racin jason

« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2007, 12:28:38 AM »
i have a feeling that Craig will be going fast next speedweek!! :-D

Offline Freud

« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2007, 12:47:14 AM »
Shirt script

Landracing.com Logo

For those that enjoy the very best.
Since '63

Offline NS_Rider

• New folks
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2007, 07:58:56 AM »
Jason, we'll see how fast I can make it go, less the 205 knee slapping like SpeedWeek. Your 217 will be a challenge for me, but we'll give 'er a go. With Scott in North Africa, it'll make the builds that much more interesting. Parts are ordered for the 'Busa, think new pistons for the 600, and not sure but think the R1 is getting the frame raked next time he's home.

Offline 836dstr

« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2007, 08:18:59 PM »
I agree with "Slim" to a point. I think that those of us that have made donations would be happy to pay for "T" Shirts and shipping. Put me down for 2 XXL's (but don't tell my wife that I'm getting more T-shirts).

Tom

Offline michael lueders

« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2007, 02:47:18 PM »
Jon,
PayPal sent and you can continue to count me in for donations of the few talents I do have.
;-)