Author Topic: Rain at Bville  (Read 2893 times)

Offline bvillercr

Rain at Bville
« on: September 29, 2007, 10:58:48 AM »
Looks like there are showers hiting the salt as I write.  Anyone near the salt for a report?

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: Rain at Bville
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 11:11:30 AM »
There are workers on the salt at this time, like all we are waiting for a report. It looked like showers in the area but not sure if it hit the salt. prey for dry salt and a good event. :-D
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 11:18:58 AM »
I've been watching it like a hawk for a few days now on both the local and national weather reports. It kinda looks like it may have skirted us but I'm waiting to hear from the grown ups.  :-D Wayno

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 11:37:35 AM »
On the SCTA web site on World Finals it says that the salt got occasional rain spots and that grooming of the coarse would continue.  Sweeeeet!

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 11:42:24 AM »
See you there :-D
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Jarlo

• New folks
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 02:11:57 PM »
The best site I've been able to come up with is:
http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KENV/2007/9/29/DailyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA[url]]http://,
or just wunderground.com.
There is a current radar that can be animated, and a drop down window you can dial in the recent history, pretty  much by the 1/2 hour.
Precip totals, and all.
Looks like just a "brush by".
Currently raining lighly in Saltville; snow predicted for mmountains, but it should melt quickly.
Any folks traveling in from the East should just be able to wait it out if you don't have the good tires, 4WD, etc.
Jim

landracing

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2007, 07:01:29 PM »
Lets keep the online rain reports still. And not speculate. The OFFICIAL WORD is as follows from the salt.

"This mornings 'Report from the Salt' says that there has been only occasional spots rain from the latest storm front. Wendover and the surrounding areas experienced the tail end of a storm front that swept down from the Pacific Northwest, but it should be completely gone by noon. It is cloudy, windy, and cold, but the course is dry and they will continue to groom throughout today."

Jon

Offline AJR192

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2007, 07:05:41 PM »
It is snowing in SLC at the moment, but this storm is supposed to be gone shortly.Bring your parkas, kids. Gettin' awfully cold in the morning......