Author Topic: Getting Started with first LSR Car - help requested  (Read 7035 times)

Offline power58

Re: Getting Started with first LSR Car - help requested
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2007, 01:14:25 PM »
Congrats Wheels777 glad you found your dream car. Please list your progress in the build diary section. Studes Rock.  Think a Lark would turn 200 ?
My inner child pretty much runs the place

Offline wheels777

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2007, 06:56:39 AM »
Congrats Wheels777 glad you found your dream car. Please list your progress in the build diary section. Studes Rock.  Think a Lark would turn 200 ?
No progress yet.  We just got finished racing at the Grassroots Motorsports Challenge.  It is a race where you buy, build and race a car that costs $2007 (this year0 or less.  I am currently working on our $2008 Challenge car.  I hope to run it at Maxton in April.  The Stude will be started around February.  I will pull the drivetrain and try to sell it at the York Pa show.  That will be the capital to start work with.  In the mean time I am trying to get the best info and locate parts.  I already have the Engine, Trans, rear, and roll cage material.  I need fenders and front end parts.  Them its WOT.
#9270 - 1954 Studebaker

Offline 836dstr

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2007, 07:41:12 PM »
"Wheels",

One thing I forgot to mention (maybe too obvious) but for a dual purpose car setting up the car's suspension using coil-over Shocks would give you a lot of adjustability between valving and spring rates. After a race it would be pretty easy to swap out springs, or whole shock units.

On my LSR Street Roadster I used Aldan's front and back. At Bonneville I found that I needed to stiffen up springs to counter the rocking motion caused by the side wind gusts. This has not been a problem at El Mirage since we usually have a tail wind. Any significant side wind and it's too dusty to see so we get shut down.

Adjustability is a good thing!

Tom

Offline interested bystander

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2007, 07:53:25 PM »
With not enough roll stiffness don't forget anti roll bars work-especially if you're trying to maintain grip on a rough surface.

Right, Rex?
5 mph in pit area (clothed)

Offline wheels777

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2007, 08:41:36 AM »
What about modifying the original lower to accept a ball joint and installing a Camaro strut?  Is the ~12 degrees caster the same recommendation for strut and other suspensions?
#9270 - 1954 Studebaker