Author Topic: What I have learned ...  (Read 2151 times)

dwarner

What I have learned ...
« on: August 26, 2007, 11:21:09 AM »
so far this year.

1. If you purchase a vehicle that has been in competition, please ensure that it meets current rule book specs. Two cases so far.

2. If you plan to race a limited production sports car in Mod Sports, please be able to provide the production figures as required by the rule book. The book requires 50 examples of the model/body being raced to have been produced.

3. So much to learn, so little time.

DW

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Re: What I have learned ...
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 01:24:25 PM »
Dan does a good job for sure.
I have taken him to the edge more than once and it was mostly to cause the rules to be clarified to the point they needed no additional explanation.
Not everything went my way but at least I know what I am dealing with.
The big problem is that many racers take all year to think up ways to work around the rules, or don't even read them to start with, then are surprised when they find out they have reached a wrong conclusion. :wink:

" Dis ain't da same as yer home track." (me)
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline desotoman

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 01:45:41 PM »
so far this year.

3. So much to learn, so little time.

DW

Dan,

How true.

Tom G.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 01:47:42 PM by desotoman »
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 03:10:46 PM »
 :-D  :-D :-D :-D :-D

Dan, if you have any questions I am always glad to help!!!!!

Just joking!!!
jonny_hotnuts@hotmail.com

"Sometimes it is impossible to deal with her, but most of the time she is very sweet, and if you caress her properly she will sing beautifully."
*Andres Segovia
(when Im not working on the car, I am ususally playing classical guitar)

Offline Dave Haller

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 09:22:05 PM »
Dan
You continue to do an awesome job out there for all of us. Thank you for your help and consideration when testing my crewmember. I always appreciate your advise, suggestions and clarification on rule book questions. Your other post for volunteers is understood and hopefully will be responded to in a positive manner as the years pass. Work schedule for me limits my time out on the salt. I will try to help by getting there a few days early next year pending the outcome of negotiations with the Hotel owners. I usually can't stay past Wednesday, just when the running gets really good.
Dave Haller #93