Author Topic: Trouble with Mickeys  (Read 9139 times)

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
Re: Trouble with Mickeys
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2007, 12:45:43 PM »
the tires that shredded were "8 YEARS OLD" and on a way heavy car spinning and blistering them all the way.....To my knowledge..."NO NEW MICKEYS FAILED"

Ok here's the real deal..... Micky had 2 very high ups on the salt... if i understand it correctly, they were the actual President and VP of mickey themselves.... not the shipping boy in the back, or a know it all engineer, but the biggest boys they had..!... WHY? They wanted to see first hand that everything worked.... they personally inspected the fast tires every pass.... also I THINK they wanted to see how we operate and make an executive decision if they should CONTINUE to stay involved.... do we improperly abuse the product causing failures?... are we capable drivers to give them proper feedback for future development... and mostly are we appreciative of them sticking there necks out for us..?....

another unknown fact is that Goodyear did 3 days of testing about 1/4 mile out past the Ohio state boys.... why? well Mickey stepped up and the competition needs to as well....our tire sale volume is like a fly on a horses butt to them but our accomplishments are highly desirable..... so ya see all those persistent phone calls to get tires made is finally paying off for our sport.... soooo.....

This forum is not like the other trash talkin forums out there, lets try to be positive about the people and suppliers the keep out sport alive. so i, and our sport, would appreciate it if you could edit your post listing to something like...."reports on New Mickeys"
thanks
Kent

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2007, 01:18:16 PM »
Kent shows some real promise. :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2007, 01:33:03 PM »
I wish I had put a simple question mark at the end of the topic heading.  Man, I never imagined a simple question would take on a life of its own.  Let me rephrase to "Trouble with Mickeys?".  I applaud M/T for what they have done to bring back the tires that we need, and I never doubted that they would not deal with any potential problems.  My concern was, and is, the time it normally takes to test a product with a problem, even if it is a annomility, and release the results.  I guess it becomes a question of is it  reasonable to question a rumor before it is ruled a fact, or do we wait for the trickle down of information thru friends, clubs and the occasional BNI news letter.  Remember, lots of racers live in other parts of the country and rely on a quick source of information.  If you recall, the rumors of 14 inches of water were squelched rather quickly and usually bad information is corrected by others on the site.  The updates from the SCTA on the salt were very valuable  to most, but for those on the road allready I believe  could have been updated a little more frequently.  I would bet you a lot more rumors about LSR are spread by "good old boys" over a beer than on this site..........Bob
Bob Drury

Offline RichFox

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2007, 01:54:36 PM »
Sicko; I would say that you may get your information where ever you see fit. Just don't try to tell me where I should be looking or posting.

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2007, 01:59:43 PM »
"Rumors are a fact of life, the important thing is to not let them stand alone very long or they become the leaders." :wink: (me)
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."

Offline sickracer

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2007, 08:34:36 PM »
Sicko; I would say that you may get your information where ever you see fit. Just don't try to tell me where I should be looking or posting.

Post where you wish!!! 

Correct info as to racing should come from an official location not the BLOGISPHERE!!!!

My point is that there is one official site for the SCTA and the rest are open forums for what ever people want to put out there for info!!!!

Remember until our 1st amendment rights are taken away ( Give the pres a few more weeks ) this is supposed to be fun.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Offline RichFox

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2007, 09:10:30 PM »

Remember until our 1st amendment rights are taken away ( Give the pres a few more weeks ) this is supposed to be fun.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: My point exactly.  RF

« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 09:13:15 PM by RichFox »

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2007, 09:26:31 PM »
If you wish to use the existing Pres of SCTA as an example. he used this forum very effectively to counter some bad information that was not interested to see him prevail.
Splain dat Kingfish. :wink:

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2007, 10:13:07 PM »
If you wish to use the existing Pres of SCTA as an example. he used this forum very effectively to counter some bad information that was not interested to see him prevail.

Jack I think he is talking about the pres that lives in Texas.........

Sum

Offline tomsmith

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2007, 10:49:55 PM »
The guy that said he wanted to repeal the 1st amendment was Pres. Billy.
139mph with no bike, but with speedo and helmet.

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2007, 11:12:36 PM »

Jack I think he is talking about the pres that lives in Texas.........

Sum

And I am talking about the SCTA Pres, that won with the greatest margin ever, used this forum after asking permission, to state his case in the face of some unfounded rumors, and outline his goals like no other ever has.
Now, He can be judged on his effectiveness here like in no other place. :wink:

Offline jl222

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2007, 01:40:11 AM »
A lot of tire problems can't be blamed on the tire manufactures.  If your spinning the tires and heating them up there not designed for that.  That is also a way to become a member of the spin out club.  I am glad they changed the rule on traction control.  If you can keep the tires from spinning that makes it safer.  MSD makes an ignition (one of there digital 7's) that allows you to program how fast your engine revs.  This has allowed some mustang drag racers to exceed 200mph at the drags on 10.5" tires.  This is not really traction control because there is no computer telling the engine what to do in relation to the tires.  It cost a lot less than traction control.  Of course they came out with this after I bought my digital 7.

Offline BVRACER

• New folks
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2007, 07:55:05 PM »
We do have a heavy car and I think every one was a little side ways this year. The facts are the folks at M.T. are working with us and not against us. We need to work with them as well. They told me a pickup that weighed close to us also had problems. I will post more once I know more. I do feel the outer coating is to thin allowing the cords to be exposed. There also appears to be some pulling on the outer layer of cords. Every one should look for this on their tires. Hopefully we can all work with M.T. and get the quality we had back in the old Firestone days. Dave!

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2007, 08:29:00 PM »
Welcome to the list Mr. MacDonald...

Congratulations on the 3 pass.

Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2007, 09:08:58 PM »
Thanx for sharing Dave and welcome to this site.  And again, I apologize to all about the heading of this topic.  Hindsight is really cheap.  We all want what is best for our sport, and we all know what the past few years has been like without the availability of the M/T tire.  Please, no rain dances before mid October...............
Bob Drury