Author Topic: What is Fair?  (Read 9574 times)

Offline desotoman

Re: What is Fair?
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2007, 07:12:27 PM »
JUST FOR THE RECORD

If you are already a Life Member and don't care about the points chase at EM, what is to prevent you from getting another number each event, score Club points and accumulate multiple class records along the way ?

WATCH  :wink:

Jack,

Good point. Nothing that I know of. But it could possibly end up being a lot of work on the individuals part.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2007, 08:25:06 PM »
JUST FOR THE RECORD

If you are already a Life Member and don't care about the points chase at EM, what is to prevent you from getting another number each event, score Club points and accumulate multiple class records along the way ?

WATCH  :wink:

Jack,

Good point. Nothing that I know of. But it could possibly end up being a lot of work on the individuals part.

Tom G.
Before the rule was changed for the "performance challanged" , it has already been done without the dodge required to change numbers. :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline RayKimbro

• Go fast, be safe - don't mess up
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2007, 02:36:50 PM »
Since when is wrong to be smart....and BTW....Keith done some bad experience with the rule book some years ago.......and since this days he knows the rule book content from page 1 to the end.....

Well done, Keith, Tonya, Dave

When is it wrong to be smart?

Short answer - it's not. 
Smart racing starts WAY before the first meet - BUT - the rules are open to interpretation, and if you get somewhere by racing smartly - quite often SOMEBODY's feelings are going to be hurt because they didn't agree with your interpretation, or worse, they get upset because they didn't think of it themselves.

Keith, Tonya, Dave - your accomplishments are inspirational.

Ray Kimbro
Don't BS on the track - that's what the internet is for.

Offline RICK

« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2007, 03:52:58 PM »
 "NOT FAIR!  NOT FAIR!"  I screamed as i threw myself to ground and squirmed in a childish hissey fit of jealous rage. "Why wasn't I smart enough to figure this out! Why wasn't I dedicated  enough!'

Well,,,,,that was me last month.  Now that I've calmed down and been through a couple bottles of bourbon, I see how it really is.  First: Who hasn't looked at the record book and dreamed of capturing a soft record? Running event 'gas', then breaking the seal to take a 'fuel' record as well?
 Now add in swaping an induction system, set a record. WOW.  And if I read it right,,,,,engine size was AA/ then C/,  was that in the same car?
  I don't know how Dave and Keith got hooked up, each with thier own coast. But it seems that they are working good together. And for us in the salt racing community, that should be a good thing. We have Dave to write about it, bring positive attention and support. And the Turks,,,,What can I say. Those folks are great ambassitors to motorsports.

I still personally despise them(JEALOUS+JEALOUS),  But they worked hard and earned what they have. So my congrats go out to you guys.

Respectfully, Rick Haynes

ps;  Why doesn't Steve Atwell ever get some credit/blame for any of this stuff?
It's not over, it's just harder.

Offline RICK

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2007, 04:24:13 PM »
OK,  I just went back and checked. I need to make a retraction. They did it all with a AA/ engine.

So they lost some of my idol/worship points.

Still respectful,  Rick
It's not over, it's just harder.

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2007, 06:31:50 PM »

When is it wrong to be smart? 

It is never wrong to be smart.

It is better to be smart first !

I think the only shame I see associated with this type of action is the fact that the barn door is often closed after the horse gets out. How many records do we currently have in the books that can no longer be run on with the same configuration in which they were originally set. But then that is the nature of our sport. Every time the rule makers close a loophole we must go back, read again and find the next loophole! ;)
I guess that just gives us something to do in the winter months!  :-D

Deb
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol: