Author Topic: Motohawk Mike - how'd you do?  (Read 2433 times)

Offline V8Pinto

Motohawk Mike - how'd you do?
« on: July 18, 2007, 12:17:06 PM »
Hey Mike how did your runs end up?  Did you get your license? 

Thanks for that checkered tape - it really did make me go faster :)
Shane
V8 Pinto on juice
Hayabusa on the brain
Twin-Turbo F150 4x4

Offline MotoHawk

• New folks
Re: Motohawk Mike - how'd you do?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 05:37:40 PM »
Thanks for asking, that very first run down the lake bed was exciting! It was  a culmination of alot of time and work to get to that start line, so when Ralph picked me up it was a little emotional.
In that short moment going down the track  a lot happened, I just wanted to get the feel of the dirt and not go too fast, So I ran 132.
I had an electrical problem on the second run, like hitting the rev limiter but not there yet, then after the traps the motor died, I used one foot to get to the pick-up.  I have not diagnosed the problem. Too bad because I wanted to gather some info and go faster on that run, but I am very happy about the week-end. I learned alot and met some nice people. Plus now I own some Evil Knievel leathers.  :-D
Was I supposed to go to registration and pick up my 125-150 mph license?

Offline V8Pinto

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 01:07:10 AM »
Yeah you should have gotten your timeslip and had it signed by a starter (Jim or Wes) and then you take it to the registration trailer and get your license.

I understand about the emotion after a run.  I actually like it that I'm out so far away from everybody.  After I shut down I have the best seat in the house to watch the next racer cross the line at full-tilt-boogie.  I love it.

Shane
V8 Pinto on juice
Hayabusa on the brain
Twin-Turbo F150 4x4

Offline MotoHawk

• New folks
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 01:33:41 PM »
BTW, I discovered my battery terminal ground had come loose, (you had suggested) I still have a starting circuit problem, like the clutch is not pulled in, I have not found any blown fuses yet, it will have to wait til next week, leaving for Mexico tomorrow.
Mike