Author Topic: M/C rider equipment  (Read 2178 times)

Offline RogueKustoms

• New folks
M/C rider equipment
« on: June 20, 2007, 10:24:30 PM »
Hello all, this is my first trip to the salt(as an entrant).  I will be running in the MPS 1000 class.

The post about the leather requirements answers all of those questions and I have that covered.

I have questions about helmet and gloves.

Helmet:  The rule says Snell2000 or later, my helmet has a Snell/DOT sticker but it does not have any date.  I know it is Snell2005 because it is brand new helmet and is listed on the Snell website, am I good if I bring a print out of the Snell web page stating it is 2005 rated?

Gloves: The rule says no perforated or skeleton allowed.  What are skeleton gloves???  I have your typical alpinestars roadrace gauntlet gloves with the kevlar knuckle protectors . . . are these good?

Thanks!

Daren

Offline Dean Los Angeles

Re: M/C rider equipment
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 10:30:08 PM »
Paper work on the helmet won't do. It has to be identified in the helmet. Dig deeper in the helmet and look for a tag. It's there somewhere.

Where's the Snell label located?
    There are two forms of the Snell serialized label.  The most common is the adhesive label, but there is also a cloth type for the M, SA and RS standards. The adhesive label, or decal is usually affixed somewhere on the inside of the helmet.  If it is not readily visible, check underneath the flaps of the comfort padding. The cloth type labels a generally sewn onto the chin strap and folded over.  If a thorough search fails to turn up a decal then regardless of any claims or advertisements your helmet is not part of the Snell certification program and does not have the confidence of the Foundation.   
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline RogueKustoms

• New folks
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 09:17:36 AM »
Excellent, thanks! I had to tear out the entire liner, but I did find it.

Daren

Offline V8Pinto

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 11:03:45 AM »
My helmet was the same way.  Tom was looking and no sticker - I started to get worried....then he found it WAYYYY up in there.

On the gloves - they have to be all leather with no perforations.  I don't know if the roadrace gloves with armor will pass - probably, but I wouldn't take a chance.  I bring an extra set of legal gloves just in case.  If yours don't pass, just give a holler.

The skeleton gloves they are talking about make me think of those andrew dice clay type of gloves made of mesh with the fingers cut off.  The sort of thing I'm going to wear when I go through my midlife crisis (maybe I'm going through that now...?).

Get my comb-over goin real good...put on a muscle shirt with the sleeves cutoff...rockin the skeleton gloves....yeah baby...
Shane
V8 Pinto on juice
Hayabusa on the brain
Twin-Turbo F150 4x4