Author Topic: Chrysler  (Read 5880 times)

Offline ptcca1

• New folks
Chrysler
« on: June 05, 2007, 11:59:24 AM »
Hello, I am spirit studied the possibility of coming to run with a Chrysler Pt Cruiser of 2001 with the engine of 2.0L. Is that it possible? I would like to know which are the modifications authorized on the engine.
Is there a site or there is a payment detailed on what one can do or not to make and in which category one can be registered? It is quite obvious that for the moment the preparation of the car is not a problem when that I would know what I can make above but to make it come from France to the USA worries me seriously.
In fact I hope to associate the 3 other French clubs our so that that become possible. Thank you for your answers
www.ptcruisercotedazur.com
Afflicted for my English who passes by a Web translation

Offline 836dstr

Re: Chrysler
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 12:34:55 PM »
The first thing to do is to get a copy of the SCTA/BNI Rule Book.

It defines procedures, Classes, technical and safety requirements, Class requirements and current records.

I think you can get a copy from "www.scta/bni.org".

Your English is a lot better than my French.

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 12:47:08 PM »
La première chose à faire est d'obtenir une copie du livre de règle de SCTA/BNI. Elle définit des procédures, des classes, des conditions techniques et de sûreté, des conditions de classe et des disques de courant. Je pense que vous pouvez obtenir une copie de "www.scta/bni.org". Votre anglais est beaucoup meilleur que mon Français. :mrgreen:
kent

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 01:09:01 PM »
See ? The translator doesn't work both ways.   :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline ptcca1

• New folks
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 02:08:56 PM »
Thank you. I will make the request of it

Offline 836dstr

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 09:52:03 PM »
Kent,

Showoff! Next time there's no buying out of your patrol duty. It will be July afternoon !

Just kidding. My second language is not to be used around women and children. It's mostly used in the garage while working on the race car.

Tom

Offline ptcca1

• New folks
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2007, 07:11:12 AM »
Hello, The project starts has this to set up. One would plan to buy a maritime container of occasion to make our workshop of it and of transport for the vehicle. One would rent a truck on the spot to transport it.
Would that pose it a subjected problem has an authorization special to station with on the lake?

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2007, 03:34:52 PM »
I have seen a team from Japan who dropped a shipping container with a car on the salt. I dont know if they had to have anything special to do it but it has been done.
jonny_hotnuts@hotmail.com

"Sometimes it is impossible to deal with her, but most of the time she is very sweet, and if you caress her properly she will sing beautifully."
*Andres Segovia
(when Im not working on the car, I am ususally playing classical guitar)

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2007, 07:31:27 PM »
The Japanese container was delivered to the dock in San Francisco and loaded on a flat deck Semi truck.  They then paid a crane to drive out from Salt Lake City to unload the container.  When it was over they reversed the process.  I would bet it cost them about five grand.  p.s.  They were our neghbors , very polite and the female driver had little modesty when changing clothes.  I don't remember anything about the car........................... :wink: :wink: :wink:
Bob Drury

landracing

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2007, 09:12:43 PM »
That was Kay Kinomoto, also known as just "Kinopy", brought her right hand drive 2002 Nissan 380Z car over from Japan. The car nickname was "Blacky". They totally gutted the entire car in increased the 3.5L motor to almost 3800cc in the E/GT class. IT was a great effort for the team, and she wants to come back. Also her tuner she brought over, who is very well known in Japan, for the car was a previous 200 mph member that got into the club in his 300Z some years earlier I think 1990, his name was Katsunori Tananka.  At speedweek he was still wearing his 200 MPH Club shirt that he got when entering the club in 1990 a little over 200 mph. I encouraged him to goto the 200 mph club banquet that year, and they did and I believe he got a new 200 Club shirt and hat... They were a great team that did well for her first time out. She doesnt post often but "Kay" is a member of the forums if anybody wants to contact her.

OK BOB, now sink that info in and you can be full circle...

Jon
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 09:14:14 PM by landracing »

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2007, 10:02:00 PM »
Sum has a picture on the disk I sent him of the Australian team that was completely self contained in a container. They were at Speedweek last year.

Pete

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2007, 12:06:16 AM »
Sum has a picture on the disk I sent him of the Australian team that was completely self contained in a container. They were at Speedweek last year.

Pete

351 C/GALT (2006) -- C Matheson -- The Gap, Queensland Australia

http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/bville-cars-2/351-2006.html

Sum

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2007, 11:52:21 AM »

They then paid a crane to drive out from Salt Lake City to unload the container.

I occasionally have to have shipping containers moved and there has always been a flat bed truck (just like the tow trucks that have the entire bed tilt down) and they lower the ramp, back up and the container slides up until they can tilt it down the bed. I thought it would be impossible until I seen how they do it. All my containers were full, but I guess you would want your car tied down real good and get everything loose out of it if you were to use this type container mover.

I don't know what it would cost to have one taken to the salt but should not be all that bad. Maybe 5-6 hundred.

jonny_hotnuts@hotmail.com

"Sometimes it is impossible to deal with her, but most of the time she is very sweet, and if you caress her properly she will sing beautifully."
*Andres Segovia
(when Im not working on the car, I am ususally playing classical guitar)