Author Topic: Glass guard  (Read 2628 times)

Offline fast58

• New folks
Glass guard
« on: April 30, 2007, 10:51:10 AM »
Help Old wise ones-----I finally got the glass guard, but it came with no instructions. How in  the heck do you put it on, there was no glue or any thing else....the weekend is coming fast ---need help???????????????

Offline hotrod

• Black Horse photo
Re: Glass guard
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 11:33:53 PM »
I looked around on the web and could not quickly find any install instructions, but I suspect they are installed using the same techniques used for the window tinting film.

As I recall that requires that you spray the window with water or soapy water, apply the film and then squeegee the film down so it is bubble free. If you can't find any on-line instructions, you might want to experiment with a small strip of it using the instructions for some auto window tint film and see how it works.

I will keep looking around but so far no joy.
[edit]
I found this page which might be a place to start --
http://www.decorativefilm.com/InstallInstruct2.htm

[/edit]
A phone call to an auto window tint shop or glass shop might get you the info you need too, as the film is used as a safety laminate for patio doors and for vandalism and break in resistance

Larry
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 11:42:04 PM by hotrod »

Offline fast58

• New folks
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 12:23:16 PM »
Thank you hot rod. The soapy water did the trick. The flat windows were fine , but the curved ones a little tricky, but we got em.

Offline hotrod

• Black Horse photo
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 05:07:10 AM »
Glad it helped!

Did you learn any "tricks" for getting the curved windows to come out right ?

What brand name was the glass guard film you ended up using, in case it makes a difference?

Larry

Offline fast58

• New folks
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 09:37:15 PM »
I cant recall the brand name , but i got it from Mcmaster-carr. It was called sun-guard, i think i used the 11 mill. The trick on the curved windows , is to use penty of soapy water and a good squegege? when you fold over the curve of the window, cut out the over lap, worked fine for me.