Author Topic: Motorcycle Front Fenders  (Read 18924 times)

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Re: Motorcycle Front Fenders
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2007, 11:20:47 AM »
Flux Capacitors are the answer and I have them for sale with a special discount for the "Speed Challenged". :wink:

When Jack was younger he sold "snake oil" from the back of a covered wagon I'm told  :evil:. Glen was there and saw the whole thing  :-o ,

Sum

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2007, 11:52:25 AM »
Flux Capacitors are the answer and I have them for sale with a special discount for the "Speed Challenged". :wink:

When Jack was younger he sold "snake oil" from the back of a covered wagon I'm told  :evil:. Glen was there and saw the whole thing  :-o ,

Sum

He wonders why I never took him as a partner.
The "Snake Oil" was free as is the advice around here.
The profit was in the "Pay as You Go" comfort stations that were place for the best exposure.
Bonneville had bushes in the early days but they cut into the profit margin so we killed them by salting the soil.
We still have a little more to do at El Mirage but the market is smaller so to is the investment. :wink:

Wanna buy a shirt ?
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline gazza414

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2007, 06:36:31 AM »
Has anyone looked  the K1 BMW from times gone by???

It was recognised as 1 of the most aerodynamic bikes off the shelf , ...proven in a wind tunnel rather than just say so.

Need to look at the front fender as a part of an integral aero package not just a standalone item.
1 FAST HAYABUSA 217.443mph so far
9 Official Timeslips over 200mph
Very much the apprentice

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2007, 12:42:39 PM »
Is the K1 front fender design still offered ?
Wind tunnels and real life are closer than many think as has been cited here, but styling sells most stuff.:wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"