Author Topic: Ford Banjo Rear Ends & Rule 2.E  (Read 3801 times)

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
Ford Banjo Rear Ends & Rule 2.E
« on: April 22, 2007, 01:11:46 PM »
"Any car with a non-retained axle bearing (non-Hotchkiss type rear axle) assembly must incorporate an approved hub to prevent loss of a wheel..."

Does this Safety Hub http://www.speedwaymotors.com/p/3399,,_Safety-Hubs-for-Early-Fords.html?itemNo=safety%20hubs from Speedway (and available elsewhere) meet the required approval?

Mike

Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline jimmy six

Re: Ford Banjo Rear Ends & Rule 2.E
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 12:31:35 AM »
We do not see many of these anymore as most competitors have changed the axles to the 9" Ford type. With that said, the kit sold by Speedway is acceptable. The telltale is the long studs needed to put one of these kits in. During installation I would take pictures and include them with the log book.

I would not want to be a competitor who said he has made changes to keep the axles in and then have one come out. Might be asked to load up on the trailer and not come back for a few years and when coming back may spend a few more hours in the inspection area. Good Luck
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 12:49:39 AM »
I thank you, sir.  That was the answer I was hoping for. 

I will follow your advise on documenting with pictures for the log book.

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 08:39:08 AM »
One of the roadsters lost an axle or 2 last year, anyone have info on what type rearend he was using?  And why it failed  :x
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline jackson

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 04:36:58 PM »
That roadster was right behind me at WOS.  My first thought when I saw him sitting there with no back wheels was, Wow that must have been a wild ride.  Then I thought about what it must be like to run a motorcycle through the ruts that created!