Author Topic: Speed Week 2007 2 short/long courses and a short/short course questions..  (Read 12383 times)

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Higbee was the all time master at keeping things moving.
He was not shy about going past you if you were not ready.
This year should be full of surprises in spite of the wishes of some to see it fail.
The competition is the event and not the sideshows.
Be sure to do your part to see that it is a success now and into the future. :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline Evil Tweety

• Read more on Evil Tweety
Higbee was the all time master at keeping things moving.
He was not shy about going past you if you were not ready.
This year should be full of surprises in spite of the wishes of some to see it fail.
The competition is the event and not the sideshows.
Be sure to do your part to see that it is a success now and into the future. :wink:

That reminds me of my very first run.  I was real nervous, so of course at 4 cars back in line I was completely suited up and strapped in.  Trying to relax while the 6 cars (3 each in two lines) in front of me were going to run.  As luck would have it, none of them were ready.  I still remember the surprise when someone in a pink hat came up and pointed at us then pointed to the front.

Didn't have much time to stress as I was pushed up ahead of everyone, had my belts checked, got the left vs. right and "be safe" chat, and was given the thumbs up to go . . . a nice way to get broken in. 

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
That is a lesson in equality that our "HEROS" would do well to remember. :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."

Offline Richard Thomason

• http://www.dannyboystreamliner.com
A question that was asked but not addressed is-for those fortunate enough to qualify for a return run, will that be required to be made on the same track as the qualifying pass? Also looking at the map, I only see one timing stand. Is Glen and the main timing stand going to have their workload upped again? If so, how do you get the wires from the special short course past the combi track #2 to the timing stand? Just curious, I'm anxious and excited to see how it works. My biggest concern is what my gas bill is going to be having to commute from Wells and from driving the length of pits that will be large enough to accommodate the number of entries.

landracing

My biggest concern is what my gas bill is going to be having to commute from Wells and from driving the length of pits that will be large enough to accommodate the number of entries.

Richard,

It was voted on 3-0 to have record returns on the same course they were qualified on, unless other circumstances prevent it. IT was also stated that each course will have its own timing staff, on different radio frequencies. REMEMBER the course drawings are a work in progress and may not show what is needed 100% yet.

And Richard since your are part of our race team this year, as rider and all, I think it's your turn to buy the gas for my pickup too...

Jon

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Richard
#1 & #2 course will be timed as normal, #3 will have it's own timing stand.
Glen
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Bob Drury

Where's the Beer Stand (not the one in impound-I never make it)?
Bob Drury

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
"A work in progress"
That is a term I have not heard about LSR in a long time and hope it will resume speed with a long future. :wink:

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 08:02:01 PM by Dean Los Angeles »
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
With the proposed convergence of the racing surfaces, it makes more sense than ever to make the now required "backup run" in the same direction.
You then can do them all day long, from a pre-qualified line, within a specified time frame, not ever shut down, with impound chores spread along the whole day that will allow greater accuracy, efficiency, and the enhanced safety by running into the mud and not the crowd or highway.
If it is good for EM, Maxton, and others, it is good for Bonneville.
The 2 direction reasons are long past, ,don't apply to the flat surface or current Club methods on the Salt, and  SCTA owes little to them.

DID I SAY THAT ????

landracing

Or been on the front page of website for a day or two

http://www.landracing.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=79

And an explanation of each course

And the image Dean forgot to post of the actual courses. What dean posted was the pre-stage area

Jon
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 08:46:38 PM by landracing »

Offline Richard Thomason

OK thanks for the info. Sorry I must have missed the earlier talk on the return run. I think Jack's idea may make a lot of sense for the backup run.

Offline Richard Thomason

Jon, anything you can get charged on my maxed out Bonneville credit card, you are more than welcome to. The first several years we went to B-ville, we would bring eight to ten 55 gallon drums full of gas for the trip. It just got to be too much of a hassle but as prices keep going up may have to reconsider.