Author Topic: GT car prep questions  (Read 2008 times)

Offline Carl Johansson

GT car prep questions
« on: March 28, 2007, 10:33:02 AM »
Allright,
It's now crystal clear that I have to build a car to complete GT specs even if I am limited to under 150 mph.  Thats OK -  it just squeezes the timeline down for us.  we will be running at El Mirage -  so we have 5 weeks  and I leave for Brazil for 10 days tomorrow -  this ought to be fun!

Rules interpretations:
Drive shaft retainer.  Rules call for it -  no problem.  On a C-4 corvette the drive shaft is housed inside a "C" beam that runs the length of the drive shaft -  with the 4th side being closed in by the underbody.  For USFRA -  will they accept that as adequate.  Am I going to have a problem with SCCA inspectors!

Fresh air intake -  can the stock ventilation system be accepted?  or do I need to go drilling holes and ducting stuff around?

And I have to join a club to run -  so I'm looking for cheap -  with no meetings that I have to attend -  other than the night before an event -  anyone have any recommendations -  I have no socially accepted values -  but i do have a mandrel tube bender and some expertise to offer club members!

carl "not much for meetings or organized social gatherings" Johansson
Carl Johansson
 Auberry Ca

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Re: GT car prep questions
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 12:48:36 PM »
Your progress is remarkable.
Bill Hilscher and the Yenko Chevys from Texas comes to mind.
While we have a number of SCCA types floating around here, your question related to them should be directed to them.
On the questions related to LSR, you will find in the area of car safety features, all the Clubs strive to be close to the same.
I would expect the air handling and the provision for the drive shaft meet both the spirit and intent of the rule as built.
I would suggest you contact the Rod Riders for membership information.
WDJD :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"