Author Topic: M/T Tires avalible  (Read 10652 times)

Offline desotoman

Re: M/T Tires avalible
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2007, 01:30:35 PM »
I can't speak for Tom, but I think what he is alluding to is the question of how the tires will be doled out.  I don't think any of us want to deny another racer of however many tires they might want, it is a question of how many they need before each and all of those ordering tires get at least one set.  Sure, it is easy to say first come first served, but some of us have to scrape up the money before we order.  I personally have no qualms with a four wheel drive streamliner receiving say eight tires our of a twenty tire order, but lets let everyone get at least one set before we store all our nuts.  The question arises, how many tires can be built between now and Speedweek?  When I talked to Tom K. at M/T three weeks ago, he stated their intention was to ship all orders by Speedweek, but I don't think they thought the response to orders would be this large.  Remember, we are all in this together.........Bob

Bob,

Excellent post, my thoughts precisely. Were you reading my mind?  :?

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2007, 02:08:33 PM »
If you had some thought that it might be first come, first served, I would have placed an order on March 23, 2007. You'd like to think that there might be some fairness to the process, but money talks, bulls#$t walks. The rich guys that can afford a bunch of tires are going to get them. If you were late in the ordering process, or haven't yet ordered, you get what you get.

It's the same all over. If you want those concert tickets you and your friends start dialing the phone at 11:59 p.m. the day they come on sale. You camp out in front of the store for hours to make sure you can get the limited quantity sale item.

Remember, we are all in this together.........Bob
To a point, you are absolutely correct. If you need a piston and don't have one, there are a bunch of guys that would tear one out of their car.

On the other hand, that may be blood dripping down your back from one of your dear friends!
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline desotoman

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2007, 03:02:02 PM »
On the other hand, that may be blood dripping down your back from one of your dear friends!

But they do it with a smile.  :evil:  Your friend might be closer than you know.  :wink:  Eventually everyone will know. :-o

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.