Author Topic: Roll Cage Gussets  (Read 3951 times)

Offline Carl Johansson

Roll Cage Gussets
« on: March 02, 2007, 05:16:01 PM »
According to 3.B.1 gussets for the roll cage need to be 4 inches long.  I can cut em with a plasma -  but they can be had for really cheap on the web -  for instance 25 of em for 15 bucks at Summit!  However I can not find anyone who is selling 4" long gussets, everybody has 2.5 inchers.
anyone know of a source?  By the time I buy the steel and the gas it's cheaper to buy em prefabbed -  and it saves me time too!

Carl "in need of longer gussets" Johansson
Carl Johansson
 Auberry Ca

Offline sockjohn

Re: Roll Cage Gussets
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 06:08:48 PM »
According to 3.B.1 gussets for the roll cage need to be 4 inches long.  I can cut em with a plasma -  but they can be had for really cheap on the web -  for instance 25 of em for 15 bucks at Summit!  However I can not find anyone who is selling 4" long gussets, everybody has 2.5 inchers.
anyone know of a source?  By the time I buy the steel and the gas it's cheaper to buy em prefabbed -  and it saves me time too!

Carl "in need of longer gussets" Johansson

I keep trying to convince myself I "need" a CNC plasma setup, and if I had one opportunities to pay for it would find me. 

Anyone out there have one and want to setup a group buy?

Or you can do what I'm doing and stick to motorcycles :)

John

Offline JGMagoo

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 06:58:29 PM »
Are you just looking for 'triangles' with 4-inches on the short sides?  If so, why not just get any steel supply shop to shear 4" x 4" squares and then shear them again into 4" triangles?
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Offline 836dstr

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 08:33:38 PM »
Carl,

Not to rehash the Roll Cage stuff, but try "Autopower" mentioned in the other thread.

Tom