Author Topic: Wanted: Streamliner or Similar for hire for a national Lexus Commercial  (Read 5511 times)

Offline Lexus

• New folks
Hello all.
I am currently producing a national television commercial campaign for Lexus.  One of the commercials we are filming portrays all images of pure speed. We will be featuring some of the fastest things in the world - jets, rockets, dragsters, rocket cars, etc.  We are looking to feature a streamliner or similar roaring down El Mirage Dry Lake Bed.  Per our current schedule we are hoping to shoot this segment of the commercial on one day in mid March. I have already called Al Teague, Ed Shadle, and Ron Main. Al is retired, and Ed and Ron's streamliners are not in working condition at this time. We are hoping to find an interested party by the end of day tomorrow if possible. Please contact me at 310-558-6281 if interested. Thank you. -Hoon Park

Offline don pennington

• Cool Old Decals
    • http://www.hotrodmotors.com
Earl Wooden
Old style water decals
www.hotrodmotors.com

Offline desotoman

Earl sold his car.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html

Costella/Yacoucci Streamliner (over 350 mph):

http://www.yacoucci.com/

My vote,

Sum

Offline desotoman

Sum,
  Good pick.  :-)  IMO the Costello/Yacoucci Streamliner does not get the respect it deserves. I believe it is the fastest 4 cylinder powered car.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline jimmy six

I think a Lexus would look better with Jim K's "Barnyard Bomber" However my tastes are different  :evil:
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline JGMagoo

I'd rather see an A/Blown Street Roadster in a Lexus commercial!   :-D :-D
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Offline 836dstr

How about both? A Roadster is traditional but a Streamliner is the ultimate in high speed. The Nish or Burkland cars would represent the state of the art, but logistics could be a problem.

I still remember the commercial with Al Teague. IT WAS GREAT!

Offline roadsterswap

I think the 788 liner would be perfect. It is all ready to run.

Offline Ro Yale

I have to agree with Sumner... A truly incredible and genious machine that Nebulas Therum.... Better than my spelling anyway!!!
Racers Race and Whiners Whine!

Offline Freud

Re: Wanted: Streamliner or Similar for hire for a national Lexus Commercial
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2007, 08:57:09 PM »
Availability and adaptability made Rochlitzer's Raspberry Rocket the vehicle of choice.
FREUD
Since '63