Author Topic: New Salt Flats Museum  (Read 2516 times)

Tom M Shannon

New Salt Flats Museum
« on: February 03, 2005, 03:16:00 PM »
During USFRA's Regular monthly mtg Feb 2, a slide presentation was given by Museum Designer, Mr Lynn Leasure. It was announced that Utahs Historic Saltair Resort will house a new,25,000 sq ft Salt Flats Racing Museum,located in Western Salt Lake County on I-80, 90 mins East of Bville.

World-Wide Bville Cars/Motorcycles are needed for semi-permanent display,plus photos,archive film,books,models,and memorabilia. Scheduled to open by Speedweek 2005, Lynn added that a Hall of Fame,interactive displays,a simulator,plus start line,pits,and tech area re-creations are planned.

Contast ASAP Mr Lynn Leasure USA 801-296-1700
 email: leasure1@msn.com

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
Re: New Salt Flats Museum
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 03:48:00 PM »
Tom, great to hear this - I tried to start a museum with the City Council of Salt Lake in 1997/98 - got all the contacts and agreements with the Capital in Salt Lake......and than was a special question about my religios status - from there on I never heard something anymore - which was a real frustration after 1 1/2 year work. The idea was to use a place which was used for the winter olympics - got the people who was interest to run them as volunteers - retired people who was involed in speed racing in the sixties.
 Wish the new attempt a better success.

See ya

Pork Pie
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)