Author Topic: STR Measurments  (Read 2941 times)

Offline maguromic

• http://www.barringtontea.com
STR Measurments
« on: March 08, 2007, 12:57:41 AM »
I am helping a friend design a street roadster chassis, and would like to know what is the distance from the inside top of a rear fender to the bottom edge of a 1932 Ford roadster.  He hasn't purchased a body yet.  You can PM also.
“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”

Offline Cword

• http://www.ucalgary.ca/~mdsiewer
Re: STR Measurments
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 02:14:06 PM »
126 of us (views today) wish we owned a '32 to measure...
Mike Siewert
North of 49 Crew
 1149 B/STR

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 03:26:23 PM »
Why's that?  They're just another Model A without a visor.  If the '32's were so good, why'd they only make them for one year?
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 04:33:22 PM »
logic, it is elusive at times....other times it is so obvious.....
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline maguromic

• http://www.barringtontea.com
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 05:21:53 PM »
I am trying to determine the kick up in the rear frame rails.  It will depend on how big of a tire that can be fitted inside.  All this is dependent on how the ride height will be set.  He wants to get the car as low as possible, as not to  pack a lot of air underneath the car.

If some one can tell me how far the rear fender goes past the bottom body line I can work backwards.  The rear fender is 23 inches tall
“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2007, 01:26:38 AM »
The stock fender must be located in the stock location for the year and manufacturer of the body chosen. I maybe bobbed to the edge of the bottom of the body. Unless the person is planning on using a very small diameter rear tire 22/24" the vehicle will sit pretty high in the back. Its the nature of the beast. The floorboards in the car will be over all drive line components which makes it very dirty. 4 links and coil overs are not very aerodynamic. If mounted on top of the rear axle the will still need to be exposed by definition of the floor boards.

They are a difficult SCTA legal car to make low. Good Luck
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline russ jensen

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2007, 02:01:35 AM »
Why's that?  They're just another Model A without a visor.  If the '32's were so good, why'd they only make them for one year?
cuz 33's & 34's are better.
speed is expensive-how fast do you want to go?-to soon old & to late smart.