Author Topic: MONSTER TANK INFO???  (Read 3959 times)

SALTRACER

MONSTER TANK INFO???
« on: February 02, 2005, 12:39:00 PM »
Any info out ther about the monster garage belly tank?  Where did it run, how fast, and any other thoughts.

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Re: MONSTER TANK INFO???
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 01:01:00 PM »
I was said that he speant all his tune up money on polish, went 140mph or so, and popped a headgasket.
 It was a back motored, blown, open wheeled jet tank.
 The rest is TV history and his story to tell.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

landracing

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 06:37:00 PM »
Yes they did run the car.

They got it around 150 mph and blew headgaskets. made repairs and tried again and blew headgaskets.

I hate to break anymore info then I already have, watch the show. Remember when they started the project all they started with was a complete fuel tank that is it. And they worked from there. And remember when the show says 5 days thats not really correct.
 Day 1 is all design team
 Day 2 gets late start around 1 pm unitl 6-7pm
 Day 3-4 start at 8 and quit at 7 pm
 Day 5 start 8 and whenver.

So add that up and it not even 5 day job, its more like 2 complete days . maybe 2 1/2.

Anyways a good build and just have to watch the show for the rest.

Jon

Offline RICK

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2005, 07:43:00 PM »
When does the show 'AIR', or did I miss it allready?
It's not over, it's just harder.

landracing

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2005, 07:47:00 PM »
Feb 14 Monday night, check your local listing for times on Discovery channel.

Jon

Offline KeithTurk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2005, 07:32:00 AM »
and they got Al Teague to help...

Now here is one of my hero's... Very cool.
Keith Turk
 D Gas Modified Sports
 246.555 mph

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2005, 01:49:00 PM »
Even tho there was a lot of talent there, I wish one of them would have been an inspector and rule book would have been on site in a open position.(maybe it was) I would like it to come to one of our meets and be filmed (Bring on the Tee-Shirt sales). We need coverage for tires...What better way....Oh course I'll bitch and whine while they are there screwing up the meet........ bbbbbuuuutttt....
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2005, 03:32:00 PM »
I've got more: Champ quick change, Freebie. Small Chevy engine, Freebie. Fire suit,KKKK
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2005, 03:46:00 PM »
OPPS... Freebie. 2 Firebottles, Freebie. Harness and Belts, Freebie....Spinout at El mirage 200 feet off the starting line and dry cleaning bill.....Priceless....

landracing

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2005, 08:03:00 PM »
Rule book was in hand, all who took part are seasoned Bonneville Vetrans so im sure most wasnt an issue, because the plan was to run it at an SCTA/USFRA meet.

Jonathan

Offline joea

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2005, 08:15:00 PM »
it was a very cool build........they did more in
 2 1/2 days than most land speed racers do
 in a year............people can be as critical as they like......it works both ways......

pretty cool of them to do a belly tank lakester if ya ask me........compared to all the other stupid stuff they often build..........

they didnt have to do anythin:)g to scta specs,  but they chose to do so as close as they could in the few short days, so hopefully it could get a chance to actually run at an event........pretty neat

Joe