Author Topic: Streamliner  (Read 28980 times)

Offline guttley782

• http://www.angelicbulldog.org.uk
Re: Streamliner
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2007, 03:53:15 AM »
Hi Kent,
I like you even more now!! Having met you I respect your opinions, and follow your progress at Bonneville, even if you have two too many wheels on one of your vehicles now!!!  Only joking.  As I said, the Acabion has not been built for Bonneville, being expressly aimed at the road.  As Glen quite rightly says, the roll cages are currently too small for a big crash, but Pork Pie explains about the composite structure of the chassis, which is designed to take some of the load as well.  The aerodynamics are good, and with the 700hp engine fitted the Acabion will be fast.  How fast nobody knows, but as a road vehicle the Acabion is going to be amazing.  I resent people comparing it to the Dodge Tomahawk.  Any technically minded, or even just sensible, person knows that the four wheels in that configuration cannot work.  The Acabion is a beautiful machine, and I am looking forward to our tests this year.  By the way, Smitty, I am 6 foot 1inch, and weigh 15stone.  I find the Acabion extremely comfortable becuase I am totally supported in the cockpit.
An eccentric Englishman building a motorcycle streamliner with the help of a few friends!

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2007, 05:47:29 AM »
Did I just read 700hp ?
I will be back, I have to bring Kent back in or he will be playing in the street again and laughing up his lunch.
Never mind the fuel capacity, pounds of fuel per hour, need for more than 10% of the hp rating, I want to know what are you going to do with the excess heat, cure Cancer ? 
I know that was a little rough but then so am I.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2007, 08:56:56 AM »
Looks very interesting, what is the fastest it has been run/timed??

J

Offline joea

« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2007, 10:40:02 AM »
Gabe...how ya doin MATE..?..:)

I am SO GLAD this advertising is getting its due HAMMERING....

ITS JUST NOT RIGHT...and should be slammed for what it is.....!!!!!!!!!

it should very well be compared and contrasted to the tomahawk.....!!!!!!

both respected equally for the engineering effort put forth............

it is ridiculous to make statements in its advertising as performance
that has actually occurred............disgraceful.........

all these things get the respect it deserves.......

Joe :)

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2007, 01:07:45 PM »
I had a special Indian theme all cow outit with feathers all custom made and now you tell me the deposit I made on the Tomahawk might be a bad deal ?
Gee thanks guys for watching my back.  :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2007, 01:09:24 PM »
Gabe,Again. I like it ...I like the shape, the wings are a little gay but I like it. And I like it even better if it has 700hp. From the pix, it looks like it has a busa motor in it! If so, 500 hp is good, 700hp is possible but would be a bomb. If it has 500hp the speeds he claims (200, 250mph?) is possible (450hp sit on busa will go 240). I know all about (ok a lot maybe not all) composite structure and even I would be leery about 200+ without a good cage. I have built a lot of vehicles and I know what it takes to build something like this. I think he has done a damn good job on getting one built and getting them ready for production. A lot of critics have know idea of the work involved to get something to these levels. Unfortunately great accomplishments and be over shadowed by ridiculous marketing claims. And when those claims make it to knowledgeable forums they are usually called bullshit. He dos not need our approval or blessing to sell his vehicle, but a certified record would make his salesman's job easier. Gabe I am serious, I?m a whore, if the dude wants to back up his claims, send one over I?ll prep and race it.
Kent

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2007, 02:07:34 PM »
Gabe I am serious, I?m a whore, if the dude wants to back up his claims, send one over I?ll prep and race it.
Kent
Kent, no way....if this guy like to set a record with the bike, I'm sure Gabriel will be in the racer.....if you like to fight..
15 stone are 15 stone.... :wink:

To the construction design....the shell is a base tube frame design to Cremona...like the Maserati birdcage....this frame is complete laminate into the carbon composite. All necessary connection are with reinforcement stiffen, also part of the composite. For a roll crash, the windshield will be harden material, which will be a part of the roll cage.
The two seats are also carbon and formed as a racing seat with just enough soft material that you feel comfortable but save in the seatbelts.
From the safety points there are no problems.
The 700 hp is a issue of electronic and Dr. Maskus has the right contacts for that. As I understand will be the  power reduced over a pop up valve computer controlled system - means by low speed is only so much power available as necessary - this explains the mpg - alright, the reality has to show us what's really possible.
And the wings.......okay, James Bond got his Martini?????

By the way, I also got picture from the inside with the frame, but unfortunately I can't publish them, sorry.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 02:20:35 PM by PorkPie »
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline Speed Limit 1000

« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2007, 02:16:30 PM »
15stone? Most of our stoners are from CA :evil:
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2007, 02:17:29 PM »
How many pounds is a stone?  I don't think my conversion chart lists this one.  Stone, not stoner.  That's the subject for a different meeting.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2007, 02:22:31 PM »
How many pounds is a stone?  I don't think my conversion chart lists this one.  Stone, not stoner.  That's the subject for a different meeting.
I think around 240 american pounds
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline Speed Limit 1000

« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2007, 02:27:36 PM »
How many Kilos? I think 15 stone=210 lb :-D
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2007, 02:30:05 PM »
Yup, I just found a converter.  A stone is 14 pounds, so 15 of 'em would be 210#.  Kent, go get him!  I think (I say this cautiously) you've got him by at least a couple of ounces.  Especially if you had double taquitos for lunch again today.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline tortoise

« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2007, 02:55:17 PM »
Yup, I just found a converter.  A stone is 14 pounds, so 15 of 'em would be 210#.
Just to clarify, 210 British pounds equals $410.37.

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2007, 05:15:16 PM »
So again, how fast has this thing run..?

btw Kent :mrgreen: 400 hp to 240 mph on a busa..

Offline Rick Byrnes

« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2007, 05:30:01 PM »

I think around 240 american pounds
[/quote]

How many Canadian pounds is that?  Eh

I know, I know metric.

:=D
Rick