Author Topic: Pumping Status  (Read 11297 times)

Offline Carl Johansson

Re: Pumping Status
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2007, 11:26:45 PM »
I've seen this model work pretty well in other situations -  softball tournaments,  Sand Hills open road race,  track meets etc.  The local volunteer clubs set up something with the local high school or community college or around there -  the Mormon church house. to use their parking lots and some of their practice fields for camping -  the gym is open for showers and toilets etc -  and the local clubs put on evening meals for a price -  a good fundraiser for the locals -  and alot more interaction between locals and visitors - they locals get really into it -  they often open up their homes etc to racers who come every year. 

Sand hills did it slightly differently but the race was directly responsible for a town of 500 people to get a really nice community center -  thanksd to the race being organized as a charity event!

Carl No need to invent a solution -  it's there -  and has been done lots of times -  just need a local initiator
Johansson.  BTW Slim -  I still say your a commie comma police~

Speaking of "Save the Motel Rooms", I have received no response from my attempt to initiate an informal conversation with a person I know in W. Wendover -- about the room situation for racers.  In case you missed my comment a week or two ago, I'm not trying to wheedle extra roms, but rather to explore whether they (the entire community) might consider working with us and other large groups (i.e. golf tournaments, for example) to better coordinate dates so we don't have no rooms available -- like is forecast for this year's SpeedWeek.

I'll continue to hope that we can at least discuss the situation, and I'll continue to keep all up to date.
Carl Johansson
 Auberry Ca

Offline russ jensen

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2007, 12:47:12 AM »
[quote author=Seldom Seen Slim link=topic=2097.msg24269#msg24269 date=1171898496  I suppose I did manage to inhale a good ration of DDT while I pushed the mower...and now we all know why my daughter has webbed feet, and why the eggs from the neighbor's farm had shells that were really easy to crack.  Would Malathion have been a better choice?
[/quote]Malathion seems to be what towns use-DDT seems to have gotten a bad rap due to rachel carson- -think you had better look elsewhere for the web foot problem- -{Seems DDT is going to be making a comeback in 3rd world where malaria has killed far more people than the birds it suposedly saved}
speed is expensive-how fast do you want to go?-to soon old & to late smart.

Offline Roadster943

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2007, 01:00:12 AM »
  Does "Mass balance" give you all a good feeling for the future? That sounds to me like we will not make any improvments. This much better than than nothing but!
  I stop and knock the salt off the rigs when we leave and collect what I can when I get home to return to the suface next year. It amounts to about 4 gallons. Its not much but I am trying to get the Salt Gods to work with me. I also want my grandkids to have a surface to run on if they turn out to have no more sense than I do!
Land Speed Racing, The sheer joy of spending every dime you've got racing for nothing but glory. David Freiburger

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2007, 01:51:12 AM »
"Mass balance" does not return the mix of chemicals that allow a wider window of time and moisture to work well as a racing surface.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2007, 08:52:05 AM »
Carl, what color will your car and/or your bike be this year?  Will there be room for me to bring a souvenir sticker to place on the body?  About 6-10" high by 1-2" wide will be enough on the car -- smaller will be okay for the bike.  If there's more room, let me know -- I'll bring something truly grand.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Carl Johansson

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2007, 12:03:35 PM »
Carl, what color will your car and/or your bike be this year?  Will there be room for me to bring a souvenir sticker to place on the body?  About 6-10" high by 1-2" wide will be enough on the car -- smaller will be okay for the bike.  If there's more room, let me know -- I'll bring something truly grand.

well we have 2 red corvettes,  lots of room -  I'd be proud to sport a sticker or 3 from the SSS team!  i haven't decided on the bike yet -  original colors are the yamaha yellow with black accents.

we will also be rolling out a black corvette -  but not sure if it will be ready this year!

Carl Johansson
Carl Johansson
 Auberry Ca

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2007, 12:23:15 PM »
Unh, Carl, I was thinking more along the lines of a big comma, maybe an apostrophe or two, even some hyphens.  Reflective vinyl would stand out really well.

I suppose I could find SSS stickers -- but it'd be something like "Punctuation and Spell-check by Seldom Seen Slim" on the vehicles.  Okay by you?

PS  Yes, I'd make sure the comma is safety-wired.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2007, 01:43:31 PM »
3 oversize commas in a row would be a natural for the logo as a stylized representation of SSS.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline Carl Johansson

« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2007, 03:49:20 PM »
Unh, Carl, I was thinking more along the lines of a big comma, maybe an apostrophe or two, even some hyphens.  Reflective vinyl would stand out really well.

I suppose I could find SSS stickers -- but it'd be something like "Punctuation and Spell-check by Seldom Seen Slim" on the vehicles.  Okay by you?

PS  Yes, I'd make sure the comma is safety-wired.

You decorate it -  I'll drive it!  remember your wifes gotta be seen in that ride at some point!

Carl,johansson
Carl Johansson
 Auberry Ca

Offline Freud

« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2007, 12:23:37 AM »
ROADSTER 943 I don't know if you made it to the B'ville NW Reunion but you should have.
Gary Harms from Spokane was there. So were Nancy and SSS.
Watch for next year, FEBRUARY 23, 2008.  We'd love to see you.
You should have come this year. Dolan says he's coming NEXT year.
FREUD
Since '63

Offline Roadster943

« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2007, 01:32:31 AM »
  Thanks for the invite Freud. No I did not make it. Twelve hour nite shifts Fri. Sat. and Sun.. Not a good excuse when Jon and Nancy can find time to come as far as they do. I will say that the money I saved by staying home has already been spent on the roadster.
Land Speed Racing, The sheer joy of spending every dime you've got racing for nothing but glory. David Freiburger