Author Topic: m-vg motorcycle questions  (Read 15413 times)

Offline DKA

Re: m-vg motorcycle questions
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2007, 09:15:38 PM »
Yeah, I think you're right about if he is running "A" or "M" then he should be ok with anything except electronic/digital engine management.  Cammer, I sent you a e-mail scan of the rule book for the Modified class.  If you can't open it email me.
Jon, I think we can tell who are the car guys that ripped out the pages by the way they walk! :lol:
I will be glad when I change over from Production to Modified because I feel so "hemmed in" in terms of hot rodding my engine.
If it can be built, it can be raced.

Offline tomsmith

Re: m-vg motorcycle questions
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2007, 09:01:16 PM »
Here is a response I got from Tom Evans, the Chief Motorcycle Inspector for the SCTA regarding the proposed mods to my Harley Hummer (Mikuni carb, ceramic bearings, Puckett cylinder, Webco head, expansion chamber, and a couple of others).  It appears that we have more leeway than I thought in vintage class.  It helps me immensely in planning and ends my speculations.  The last thing I want to do is show up with an illegal bike, and have to start all over again or compete with an Aprilia 125 that has turbo and Nitrous.

Tom, your inquiry was given to me by Russ. You didn't say what class you would be entering, looks like the bike would fit into modified production OK. You can run any carb, any exhaust, any cyl head, BUT, if you want to run in vintage, you must start with the cyl. that came on the bike when it was first sold. You can modify that cyl. in any way you want. The frame mods are OK, as are the new bearings. Hope this helps....you can email me or call me at 818 352 9109 if you need any more info. Tom
139mph with no bike, but with speedo and helmet.