Author Topic: M/C class ?  (Read 7439 times)

Offline tortoise

Re: M/C class ?
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2007, 03:41:16 PM »
Rulebook, Section 7.E.:

7.E.1   PRODUCTION
A production motorcycle . . . must appear identical in all respects to the production model it represents
How about replacing the seat structure and padding with low density foam, giving it a normal appearance but getting the rider's butt a bit more out of the wind?

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2007, 05:37:36 PM »
If it looks like the picture in the book and the modification is out of sight, you may have arrived.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline sockjohn

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2007, 06:15:38 PM »
Right now there only 3 bikes in the World that take full advantage of the Class A rules.
One was run in 71, another is just finishing up, and the third is under construction.
Would you be willing to expand upon this? I'm picturing a rear-engine laydown layout like a streamliner, but open. A scary thought.
NOPE, you will see them soon enough and if they satisfy you they work, you can do it too.
Recumbent petal bikes have a very dedicated following don't they, the 3 that I am speaking of are better ?

"Timing is a real important part of rain dancing."

I should be at Bonneville this year - as a spectator  :-(  I look forward to seeing this!  I'll bring you a cold one  :-)

I thought there was a seat height restriction in A?  recumbent "lowracers" have very good aerodynamics even without fairing due to low frontal area, how low can you make the seat?

John