Author Topic: Hood designs in /CGC  (Read 3495 times)

79ZCAR

Hood designs in /CGC
« on: January 18, 2007, 12:33:52 AM »
I'm currently building for C/CGC and need a definitive answer on the hood.  The book says I have to retain the hood in the stock location and of the same year, but doesn't specifically allow or prohibit scoops.  Currently, I have a 6" cowl hood but would like to swap that out for an aero scoop.  My interpretation lends me to believe I can do this and stay in /CGC as long as the scoop stays below the 11" maximum.  Am I reading this right?

dwarner

Re: Hood designs in /CGC
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 08:44:44 AM »
The rule book does not forbid a hood scoop in GC class. On the other hand it does not specifically indicate that a hood scoop is allowed. This looks like an agenda item for the Coupe and Sedan meeting later this year.

Contact Bobby Sykes, Jr. at drylakes207@yahoo.com for a definitive answer.

DW

Offline Harold Bettes

• Firebase High Country
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 05:08:44 PM »
Question related to subject material for us "don't have a logbook yet" types about the hood scoop deal:

It has been suggested that one should have photos and drawings and communication(s) in the logbook/scrapbook configuration. IF there is adequate photo coverage of RECORD HOLDING vehicles competing in specific classes WITH hood scoops. Is that worthy to have in your bag of goodies stored in the logbook?

I realize that the committee chair would have a word as well, and am assuming that sort of communication is what also goes in the logbook.

Regards to y'All,
HB2
If it was easy, everybody would be doing it.

As iron sharpens iron, one man sharpens another.

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 05:46:32 PM »
I think he's getting the hang of it....  :-D
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

79ZCAR

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 08:04:55 PM »
Thanks dwarner!  Bobby has been very helpful in clarifying the rule for me.  Harold, that's a great idea too.  Although I am a "don't have a logbook yet" type, I do have an extensive scrapbook showing not only my build progress, but countless other pictures of any car I can find running in every class I think I may attempt.  The scoop is just something I haven't seen in use in the class I decided to build for.

Thanks guys!

Offline John Nimphius

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 12:00:10 AM »
It's never time to stop looking. Who's to say when a /CGC hood scoop might show up.

Offline Harold Bettes

• Firebase High Country
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 01:20:38 AM »
Take a look at the Classic Blown gas rigs. Seems that gets accepted w/forward facing scoop type deals.

However, that is just another opinion. Maybe worthwhile to do some photo searching, also.

Regards to All,
HB2
If it was easy, everybody would be doing it.

As iron sharpens iron, one man sharpens another.