Author Topic: If you are going to B'ville through SE Utah.....  (Read 2169 times)

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
If you are going to B'ville through SE Utah.....
« on: January 11, 2005, 11:33:00 PM »
Next year if you are on your way to B'ville and drive through SE Utah, as I know some of you do I just wanted to extend an invitation to stop and spend a day with some other car guys.  For the past couple years I've had friends come into my town, Blanding, Ut, and spend a day going out in the area and then all of us drive up to B'ville together.  So if any of you would like to join us we would be glad to have you.  I know some of you guys do come through this area.  The following is a post I posted on RODDERS ROUND TABLE   where I have a number of friends.  I'll just copy it and post it here if you don't mind.

----------------------------------

Ok guys B'ville is only about 7 months away and I wanted to offer up an invitation to any
 of you that would like to join some of us first here in Blanding and then for the trip up to
 B'ville.

Hooley is going racing again with the Stude this next year and he and his wife and John
 (WZJUNK) and his wife are going to come out and spend a few days in the area before
 the wives drive home and the rest of us head for B'ville.

The plan is to get into Blanding by Tuesday night (9th of Aug.).  Wed I'll take any of you
 that are here out to an Anasazi Ruin in the morning before it gets real hot.  After that we
 can go out to Natural Bridges National Monument and eat lunch there or before we get
 there (take sack lunches).  From there we can sight-see a little more and then all go to
 dinner together or do a BBQ at the house.

I've picked out a ruin that won't be a real challange to get to if you are having some health
 problems.  We can drive any vehicle to within 1/4 mile of it and then it is just a walk down
 a dirt road to the site.  We can also take my jeep and any other high ground clearace
 vehicles all the way to it and that would take care of anyone who has a problem walking.

-  

The site is situated at the head of a really pretty canyon with unrestored towers around the
 top and then on various levels down into the canyon there are cliff dwellings.  

-

You can enjoy the view from the top or climb down to the various levels of cliff dwellings.

-

There are also some nice petroglyphs there.  All in all this is a nice site and I think you will
 enjoy it and it won't kill you to get to it.

We have to get to B'ville Thursday night so we can set up the pits on Friday morning and
 get the car through inspection, so we will make the drive from Blanding up to the Salt on
 Thursday.  We will have the day so I plan on stopping at Bo Huff's again this year.  For
 those of you who have been there I'm sure you will enjoy a return visit as something new
 is usually always going on there.  For those of you who haven't been to Bo's you will be in
 for a real treat.  

-

Going to Bo's is stepping back into time and I've had a few people tell me that was the
 highlight of their trip to B'ville.
 More
 Pictures of Bo's Car Show Here

After spending a couple hours there we will continue up to B'ville getting in there
 Thursday night.

So if any of you are interested in joining us please let me know and make some plans to
 have a good time.  If you go to the Nats. you have 2 1/2 days to get to Blanding (by Tues.
 night), so this will give you something to do between the Nats. and Bville.

I'll post all of this again later in the spring and again about June/July.  If you are planning
 on doing this let me know so I have some idea how many of you will be here.

c ya, Sum

Offline Cword

• http://www.ucalgary.ca/~mdsiewer
Re: If you are going to B'ville through SE Utah.....
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 12:41:00 PM »
Sum, You know I want to do that...

mike
Mike Siewert
North of 49 Crew
 1149 B/STR

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 02:05:00 PM »
Sum
 If you get to St. George stop by and see me. Would love to bench race. We are going your way later this year and will holler ahead of time.
 Glen
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 05:28:00 PM »
Mike you need to come down when you can spend a few days in the area as I'm sure you would really like it and I can take you out to some more remote sites.

Glen it would be great to have you stop also.  My store is on the south end of town (Purple Sage Trading Post) across from Motel 8.  I live next door so you can catch me any time.  I don't know when I'd be in the St. George area next, but thanks for the invite.

c ya, Sum