Author Topic: Contact with SCTA-BNI Office subj: Log Book availability  (Read 14307 times)

Offline John Nimphius

Re: Contact with SCTA-BNI Office subj: Log Book availability
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2007, 07:28:50 PM »
I don't know about the price of out of date Rule Books softening up HB.  I'll bet the 2/3 book a year group goes to 4/5 just to keep the good scotch rolling in next winter.  It boggles the mind just thinking of the additional places they could be keeping these extra copies.  I'll bet Jack could come up with half a dozen without breaking a sweat!

John

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2007, 07:41:07 PM »
we get one as a member, and buy the rest, I found one on the lake bed. :-D
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Carl Johansson

« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2007, 08:05:18 PM »
Hey Harold,
The real answer on the availability of log books was listed here by Jack -  but since he is aflicted with nonsense speak and rectal cranial inversion -  most of us missed it.

When the tech inspectors are going through the car or bike -  sometimes they find something that is "iffy"  they will make a notation in the log book -  to correct the issue before the next meet -  but if they feel it's not critical -  they may allow you to run at that meet.  (thats what happened to us -  they wrote a correction note oin our book -  allowed us to runb that meet -  we corrected their concerns -  next time out -  they looke in ther log book -  saw the note -  made sure we had addressesd the problem -  and away we went.

Some yahoo with a correction notice they didn't like might just get a new logbook and try to sneak through again.

so far we've spent about 4 pages of text too long on this issue (really a nonissue)

Carl "anyone selling counterfit logbooks" Johansson
Carl Johansson
 Auberry Ca

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2007, 09:58:21 PM »
"If you don't like the correct answer the first time, insisting it be said again won't change reality.
We can all find exceptions to the rule but those are still failures.
I could go on and get nasty but this time I an going to save it.

Lucky us.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline left coast bill

• New folks
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2007, 04:01:17 PM »
This is my first post. After reading this subject and reading all the posts
 I had to put in my 2 cents.  ( See my signature )      :wink: :-D
I may not understand what you say,but I"ll defend to your death my right to deny it. ( POGO )

Offline GH

« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2007, 09:43:07 AM »
When you purchase the log book, the chassis sticker comes with it. Be sure and put it on the chassis, not on the glove box door, JD got on to me for doing just that.  Good luck and lots of MPH's.