Author Topic: Rooms  (Read 13803 times)

Offline John Nimphius

Re: Rooms
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2007, 12:26:38 AM »
If Wendover isn't going to work for rooms who's got some recomendations for Wells?

John

dwarner

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2007, 08:14:17 AM »
Sum's t-shirt advice is also is true with car rentals in SLC. I tell them I'm going to Ogden to visit my sister.

DW

Offline michael lueders

« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2007, 04:39:41 PM »
It can't be any worse than El Patio. :roll:

Try the deep fried fish!

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2007, 07:17:52 PM »
Dan, that reminds me of my first visit in l996.  I had rented a p.o.s. car in SLC and was prewarned about six hundred dollar fines by others.  I told them I was headed for Ogden, and before I left town I bought garbage bags and duct tape and carefully covered the carpets.  When I returned to SLC, I went to thru a car wash.  As I was wiping off the windows, large chunks of salt started droping, so I took it to a quarter car wash and spent ten bucks cleaning out the inner wheel wells, etc.  Next I pulled into the car rental and as the guy greeted me I noticed the damn grooves in the brake pad were solid salt.  Well thankfully He didn't notice, I checked the car in, and as I boarded the airporter I looked back at the car and about two hundred pounds of salt sitting under it.  I am still afraid the bill may show up any day.
As for rooms in Wells, probably the best are at Donna's.................
Bob Drury

Offline bbb

• Aerodynamically Challenged
  • JorNic Motorsports
    • JorNic Motorsports, Charlottesville, Va.
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2007, 08:36:25 PM »
donna's. noted.

Offline Richard Thomason

• http://www.dannyboystreamliner.com
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2007, 12:09:54 AM »
Yeh right, Donna's. Actually I don't have a clue what you are talking about.
rht

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2007, 12:44:15 AM »
You know, where they ply you with licker, I mean liquer.................. :wink: :wink:
Bob Drury

Offline tcarlsen

• New folks
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2007, 03:12:05 AM »
Not all of us are like that in wendover, the place you were able to find a room is owned by the ex mayor of wendover whom also ownes the econo and the EX mayor who spent OUR tax money fixing his motels he owns.

Offline Freud

« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2007, 12:25:20 AM »
tcarlsen............are you complaining that the Wendover rooms were too plush or that he doesn't have enough?

If you go to Wells you can get a totally different service and no tax money was spent on Donna's.

Just take advantage of the situation that disgusts you the least.
FREUD
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 12:26:51 AM by Freud »
Since '63

Offline tcarlsen

• New folks
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2007, 04:24:23 AM »
tcarlsen............are you complaining that the Wendover rooms were too plush or that he doesn't have enough?

If you go to Wells you can get a totally different service and no tax money was spent on Donna's.

Just take advantage of the situation that disgusts you the least.
FREUD

LOL cant complain i manage a motel here in wendover. I was here for my first speedweek last year and i loved it, and i not like other did not jack my rate so high it was crazy and I will not do it this year. We do not require you pay for the week just the days here. Most of the guys that stay here have been for years and get the same rooms year after year. I am looking forward to another speedweek. Thanks guys!