Author Topic: World of Speed 2024  (Read 999 times)

Offline TAKERRY

World of Speed 2024
« on: March 21, 2024, 12:41:26 PM »
OK lets get excited. Before you know it September will be here. Plan on driving up from Scottsdale to up my 150 club speed. What is everyone else up to? Love to hear all your builds and comments.
No trailer ran 135mph at the World of Speed 2011 see you in 2012 in Ohio and back at Bonneville at the world of speed going for the 150club 1979 Firebird T/A White . Ck out YOU TUBE. KERRY AT BONNEVILLE. Didn't  make 2012,2013,2014. ECTA in Ohio 2012 trans went out and 2013 fuel problems . Still trans and fuel problems. Finally all looks good. Ready to drive (no trailer) 1500 miles to Bonneville and It's cancelled. NEXT YEAR. SEPT. ECTA RAN 144 MPH. GETTING BETTER. 2021 Ran 152 fulfilled a ten year dream to make the 150 club.

Offline gnomenator

Re: World of Speed 2024
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2024, 09:05:05 PM »
Looking forward to it ! We  deserve a decent year! i am already singed up for the T&T in June and then WOS in Sept. I ain't gettin' any younger and neither is the salt so gonna do all that Mother Nature allows. See you all there! Safe summer and safe travels !  :cheers: :cheers: :clap

Offline Sporty Dan

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2024, 01:28:28 AM »
Looking forward to running World of Speed. Hopefully we will be able to run this year. Bike has been ready to go for the last 2 years but the salt hasn't been.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2024, 12:06:05 PM »
Bockscar will be there...  :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline gnomenator

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2024, 08:45:59 PM »
 Hi all, hope all's well ! Wondering if there is anybody planning on attending the 2024 T&T in June that might have an extra live body available? I MIGHT need a recovery truck driver/belt up helper. I have a commitment from my nephew, but just found out he's having a baby (well NOT him  :-D ) and I am not so certain he will be able to make it. It is hard for most people to take T&T and WOS in the same year. My regular teammates may try to make it but unsure at this point. Hit me up if there is anybody interested. Thanks and fingers crossed for great salt. Have a safe spring! :cheers:

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2024, 11:58:59 PM »
I'll be there with my liner & a few friends & vehicles. If you want to pit by us we should have all the help you can put up with! :-D
  Sid.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2024, 09:47:45 AM »
YAH-HOOOOOO for Sid 

I will be there with our with out my car  most likely with out  I want NOTHING to detract from my admiring SID's PASSION

one of the few people in the world that I know of that has this special sick addiction of LSR as bad or worse than I do

here's  to you brother
 :cheers:    :cheers:     :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline gnomenator

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2024, 11:11:43 AM »
That sounds like a blast! Thanks Sid, I look forwards to making more friends and maybe learning a trick or two ! See you on the salt ! :cheers: :cheers:

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2024, 12:29:58 AM »
That's a real compliment coming from you Sparky since you're every bit as sick as I am M8! :-D
gnom, keep in touch as we get closer. Where's home?
  Sid.

Offline gnomenator

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2024, 11:22:03 AM »
Morning Sid, I met you a couple years back at WOS if my old memory is still functioning. I was based out of Eugene Or at the time but now I am happily based about 500+ miles north of you ,by the Idaho panhandle. Little burg called Troy ,Mt about as west as you can get in Montana . Looking at a map , you are real close to the salt, I'm jealous but wouldn't trade where we are for anything. We don't even have a traffic light  lol8 I will definitely keep in touch as we get closer , I should have a firm idea if my nephew will actually make it by then. But even if he does, if it's ok with you and your crew, I'd still like to pit near you and immerse him in LSR ! And probably learn a lot of ........ stuff. Thanks for you reply , looking forward to a great year  :cheers: :cheers:

Offline Mr. Schimstock

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2024, 01:50:44 PM »
I'll be there with my Lakester.  Looking forward to making some passes with all 8 cylinders firing.
Sproing, crack, ouch!

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2024, 12:04:00 AM »
I'll be there with my Lakester.  Looking forward to making some passes with all 8 cylinders firing.
I'm still impressed how well that old straight 7 did Marty! :-D Looking forward to having you out here again.
  Sid.