Author Topic: How do you guys do it?  (Read 1241 times)

Offline 71GSSDemon

Re: How do you guys do it?
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2024, 03:55:07 PM »
FYI, that is 2018 form.  The newest form is 2022 under the El Mirage Documents page.

Offline 71GSSDemon

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2024, 05:01:12 PM »
I see it calls out working doors 3.E   "All door, hatches and canopies shall be opened from inside and out without special tools"  What about stock cars (NASCAR) that don't have functioning doors?  They race without windows, is that ok to do as long as your bailout procedure is timely?

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2024, 06:22:48 PM »
I thought that NASCAR in the SC meant Stock Cars.  Are they using modified cars now?
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline 71GSSDemon

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2024, 07:22:02 PM »
Now that's funny.  They haven't been "stock cars" since the 60's or earlier.  I know some former NASCAR or Cup cars have run on the salt.  recently Aaron from the Garage Shop ran his modernized 69 daytona out there.  Even the original Bobby Isaac car.  No functioning doors.  Does open window egress pass tech?

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2024, 08:27:36 PM »
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline 71GSSDemon

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2024, 09:04:59 PM »
Mike Brown is up in NNW Wisconsin.

https://www.landracing.com/forum/index.php?topic=14960.0

His profile says Ohio.  I could sent a message.  Thank you

Offline gnomenator

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2024, 10:47:24 PM »
Hey Demon, welcome to the rat race! Your story could be mine and sounds like it's gonna be. My teammate and I , who by the way is Tony Johnson, the Black Monte Carlo, is on Facebook at HRGC racing, or something like that, both started about the same time with a goal similar to yours. We started in the USFRA '130' club , which my wife and I and several of our teammates completed, then on the the '150' club, which we both completed, but always had an hankerin' to go FASTER ! :-D so we stepped up to comp class, worked our way up from rookie to both currently 'B' licensed ,which we achieved in 2021 ! Yup I am now the owner of 2 new fire bottles that needs to be recerted THIS YEAR  :x but let me tell you, once you 'taste' the salt all that BS goes away! We are both hoping to reach our personal goal of 200 + this year. As with you, I have the balls but not the checkbook to set a record in my class (A/CGALT - record 243+ ) but we both just LOVE running at BV- nothing like it on Earth!! And I have raced Off Road, drag race , Baja , and BV and the great folks in LSR are the (pardon the pun) the salt of the earth !! So, work some OT , sock away every penny an come join us in the most fun you can have with your clothes on  lol8 I'll be talking to Tony this weekend and will give him a heads up on you, maybe you guys can spend some time BS racing!  And if you come out to either USFRA event, look for the Mad Gnome Racing/ HRGC Racing pit- we will crack a cold one or two. Good luck with you venture and and as Burt said ' if you don't follow your dreams, you might as well be a vegetable'  :cheers: :cheers:

Offline 71GSSDemon

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2024, 11:03:10 PM »
Hey thanks man!  I will send a PM.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2024, 11:59:05 AM »
There is no class for NASCAR vehicles, so they would not be covered in the rulebook... write the SCTA an email if you plan on welding your doors shut... They may allow you to run time only....
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline 71GSSDemon

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2024, 05:56:55 PM »
Ok thanks.  I planned to have functioning doors, just was curious as to what they do; just in case

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2024, 01:14:00 PM »
Don't get overly excited especially if you have ever been racing in other venues with with expiration dates on everything. 99 percent of the competitors would be long gone if the SCTA or BNI followed all the NHRA-SCCA-etc rules.

Suppliers and Manufacturers seem to get in cahoots with larger sanctioning bodies to keep their companies in business. As an example my belts have a large 2024 printed on them but the made date is 2022 and for us it means I get 5 years from the 2022. but my sons circle track car needs to be changed at 2024.

LSR is an extremely small venue in the big scheme of racing. If the manufactures relied on us they would not only be out of business they would not have even started. The important thing is to buy dated safety gear in the year you will be starting using it to get the most out of it and take care of it especially if it is personal to you only. Good Luck with your project.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 01:15:45 PM by jimmy six »
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2024, 06:06:11 PM »
Good information above.

We found that when we had a problem with any of our purchases that the manufacturers were more than happy to modify something or even (believe it or not) replace something at, believe it or not, with a small charge or even not a charge.

My guess is that they have a little wiggle room with SCTA racers, and aren't locked in so much as from the big boys. 
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline 71GSSDemon

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2024, 05:17:57 PM »
Thank you both for your replies.  It seems I was reading into things that wasn't there to read.  Then head down the rabbit hole of SFI web page.  Holy smokes, everything expires.  Safety equipment, bell housings, turbos, superchargers, etc. Crazy.  Now that I have an inspection form, I will be back on the car build when my Demon is ready for spring.

Thanks Again to all,
Eric

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2024, 06:39:20 PM »
. . . Spring has sprung.

Offline 71GSSDemon

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2024, 02:46:26 PM »
It is still just March in Wisconsin. 70 one day and 30 the next day, snow, rain, wind, sun, rinse repeat.  Just wait 5 minutes, it will change.  Fighting a cold as of late but making progress none the less.  My son graduates from College at the end of April, so that is taking up some free time also.