Author Topic: Fire hatch  (Read 532 times)

Offline neandethal

Fire hatch
« on: January 25, 2024, 04:48:48 AM »
Hi Folks,
Now I know I've read it but damned if I can find it now, sure my motorcycle streamliner requires a fire hatch for external marshal use, and there were specific dimensions but just cannot find it. Could someone tell me the section. Obviously got familiarity blindness. Thank Ian

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Fire hatch
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2024, 08:55:57 AM »
on my lakester I used a door for an aux fuel tank that I got from one of the Auto parts chains mounts flush except for pop rivets
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline neandethal

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2024, 11:07:37 AM »
Thanks, could you guide me to the rule number please

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2024, 11:32:30 AM »
SCTA Rule 5.A under special construction.
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline neandethal

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2024, 11:59:52 AM »
Thank you so much, was going mad looking. Although that is a car section seems very sensible to have them, and that gives me the size.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2024, 12:36:27 PM by neandethal »

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2024, 01:40:51 PM »
Ian, the streamlined motorcycle rules point you to the car safety rules.... when you go enclosed you're then a 2 wheeled car...
with some exceptions
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline neandethal

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2024, 02:52:00 PM »
Good point. I'm expecting Tech to take a while first time, but after 5 years I can be patient.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2024, 04:43:18 PM »
Ian, hatches.... doors.... more than one,  7.H tells you that as well.  They must be in the engine compartment, but it is up to you to decide where.  I actually have 3 on the lakester... one conveniently located where I can reach the shifter, one where I can reach the CO2 shifter bottle shutoff as well as read the gauge  and the third in front of the motor by the really hot parts.
Looking forward to seeing your bike.  :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline bob

• Sierraville, CA
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2024, 04:29:30 PM »
I took a 4 inch hole saw , poked holes in the body , had vinyl stickers made up that say - fire access - stuck em over the holes . figure if its on fire , they will melt away , or an extinguisher can push through easily . no mechanical fastner or tools needed , plus nobody has to get their hand close to try and open it if its flaming . has passed tech numerous times for my application .