Author Topic: Dumb question?..but, what is the story about the "Do Not trespass" at Wendover.  (Read 540 times)

Offline sodbuster

We have been going to the salt since 2001 and I have always been curious what the story about the property across from the airport that has ALL of the old cars around it with DO NOT Trespass signs all around it. Is the owner an old racer that lives locally? It appears that there are some neat cars around the place.

Thanks in advance, Ive always been curious whats the story is about the place.

Chris
« Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 12:30:33 PM by Stainless1 »
A Devil with A Hammer & Hell with A Torch

Offline sodbuster

Well I guess the quotes don't work in the title.
A Devil with A Hammer & Hell with A Torch

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
My guess is he doesn't want a 100 people a day asking if he wants to sell his cars.  They have been there a long long time... I never went to the door to ask... that would be trespassing....  :laugh:
Maybe a local knows the story?  Ron are you on here... maybe SSS will call Ron and get the story  :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Stan Back

That property has high exposure for years in Wendover.  I'd suppose, after looking at all his signage, he's doesn't want to talk about it with dozens of strangers every day.  He makes it quite clear.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline N72727

While taking some photos of the cars a few years ago, I heard a voice behind me saying *Don't go too close to the cars*.
I turned around to see a guy in a mechanic's suit and told him I was just taking pictures. He told me not to get too close to the cars because a while back he caught a woman trying to steal parts. I told him I wasn't stealing anything, just taking photos. I later regretted not asking more questions.