Author Topic: Dave Ratliff  (Read 1893 times)

dwarner

Dave Ratliff
« on: December 19, 2006, 09:34:51 AM »
I recieved this email from jim Dunn in my yahoo mail box:

Hi,

I got a call this evening from Bob Eaton and he informed me that Dave passed away this afternoon. Dave's daughter called Bob and said that he was napping on the couch and that was it, just didn't wake up.  Dave was an inspiration to all of us and a more gentle person I have never known. I feel privileged to have known Dave and know that he will be missed by many. Just wanted to let you know. God speed Dave.

Jim

Dave was a pioneer and, as Jim says a gentle person.

God Speed Dave,

DW

Offline jimmy six

Re: Dave Ratliff
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 11:35:54 AM »
Dan and others. Many of you who are new to this endeaver did not know Dave Ratliff. When I started in the mid 70's Dave had already been competing for over 30 years. His yellow D gas roadster was a normal site at every meet I went to. When I started going to SCTA meetings he was one who was always there representing and voting for his club.
He was a very quiet individual. I enjoyed talking to him and recognized him as one of our pioneers who never left for other motorsports. As a Competitor and true Friend of the SCTA he will be missed....JD
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro