Author Topic: Any teams need a extra hand for WOS '23 ?  (Read 514 times)

Offline rockracer

Any teams need a extra hand for WOS '23 ?
« on: August 17, 2023, 02:21:11 PM »
Anybody need a volunteer crewmember  ?
Local guy here looking to lend a hand if needed. 
Been volunteering for off road races the past 2 yrs doing recovery or whatever is needed.

Offline kiwi belly tank

Re: Any teams need a extra hand for WOS '23 ?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2023, 03:36:03 PM »
I could use some help with my new new AA/BFS. One of my Speed Week crew has his own lakester to run at WoS & one other can't be there for the full meet. I'll pm you my number, I'm in Lava Hot Springs ID.
  Sid.

Offline rockracer

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2023, 11:53:54 PM »
It was nice talking with you.  Can't wait to finally get on the salt this year.  :cheers:

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2023, 02:07:24 PM »
rockracer,

Sid is a great guy with years of great salt experiences, keep your mouth shut, your ears and eyes open and you will learn a lot! Going to be great to see his car at the salt. It has been a long build for Sid but I am sure the car is a winner.

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline ronnieroadster

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2023, 03:02:42 PM »
rockracer,

Sid is a great guy with years of great salt experiences, keep your mouth shut, your ears and eyes open and you will learn a lot! Going to be great to see his car at the salt. It has been a long build for Sid but I am sure the car is a winner.

Rex

Having had the pleasure of seeing and touching Sid's liner in person I can say its OUTSTANDING. Sid's liner is the ultimate in back yard Hot Rod engineering its certainly like no other before it. Rockracer as Rex wrote above listen and learn form Sid.  Example my Speedweek success setting numerous records was greatly enhanced once Sid began guiding me along.
 Ronnieroadster
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"