Author Topic: Washing a car  (Read 538 times)

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Washing a car
« on: August 06, 2023, 12:22:43 AM »
Did your dad teach you how to wash a car?  Lotsa water, don't rub the paint with a dry cloth, start at the top and work down - - - however it went, were you taught?  I don't want to be too much the curmudgeon, but the high school kids that do car washes during SpeedWeek for donations don't have a clue.  I sit in the truck and cringe every time, but try to think of it as helping the kids buy new proctoscopes or learn new cheers. 

I did tell them, I admit, that they didn't need to bust their butts but rather just give it a good quick wash and rinse.  ARGH!  There's about half of the salt still on the truck and there are wipe marks on the windows and and and -

Did you teach your kids how to wash a car?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
Re: Washing a car
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2023, 06:29:14 AM »
the kids problems.....there is no APP for the smartphone about washing a car..... :friday
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline bob

• Sierraville, CA
Re: Washing a car
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2023, 09:19:49 AM »
couple years ago , they were about to use a green scruby on the painted surface on my pickup . politely explained its like sandpaper, a major no-no, most kids today aren't taught basic life skills . but they were trying , and were great kids having fun , still gave em a nice tip . most dont even try